Replacement battery system

Sonar

https://roamer.com/products/460smart

Going to go lithium this year now know what I need to do the job. So it’s a project later on in the year.
Does anyone have any feedback about these batteries.
Are they as good as any other or are there better about .

I was thinking 2 would do enough for the portable freezer 1 amp hour. The tv 24 amp hour water pump and the usual other stuff for at least a week
Off grid or is this not enough.

https://roamer.com/products/460smart

Going to go lithium this year now know what I need to do the job. So it’s a project later on in the year.
Does anyone have any feedback about these batteries.
Are they as good as any other or are there better about .

I was thinking 2 would do enough for the portable freezer 1 amp hour. The tv 24 amp hour water pump and the usual other stuff for at least a week
Off grid or is this not enough.
Portable freezer 1 amp hour? Are you sure on this? It is possible but rare?
TV 24 amp hour? Is this based on your average use per day?
Hard to really answer question with somewhat vague info.

You are thinking of a pair of 460Ah batteries? You need to consider how if you think you might need that much capacity, how you will recharge them.

I have one of these as a portable freezer

And this for a tv

Charging I will be using a victron ip 22 30 amp battery charger. And again a victron b to b and solar .

I have one of these as a portable freezer

And this for a tv

Ok, so that fridge is 60W rated - so around 5A draw when running. Pretty decent and fairly typical.
They quote the power draw as 300Wh/24Hrs, which is very good. Expect that to increase in actual use (opening the top will lose cool each time), so maybe assume 1.5Ah/Hr average, or 36Ah/Day? (I use just over 50Ah/day on my fridge/freezer).

TV is 24-48W draw in use. All depends how long you use it for of course. Say 180Wh/Day? About 14Ah maybe so taking those to 50Ah/day.

Charging I will be using a victron ip 22 30 amp battery charger. And again a victron b to b and solar .
If you are thinking of getting a pair of 460Ah as you need that capacity, would a 30Ah charger really cut it?

I don’t know is there a lager one I can only go by what I have read so far
I was told look at the victron battery charger. Without looking to hard I thought 30 was the highest .

Ok, so that fridge is 60W rated - so around 5A draw when running. Pretty decent and fairly typical.
They quote the power draw as 300Wh/24Hrs, which is very good. Expect that to increase in actual use (opening the top will lose cool each time), so maybe assume 1.5Ah/Hr average, or 36Ah/Day? (I use just over 50Ah/day on my fridge/freezer).

TV is 24-48W draw in use. All depends how long you use it for of course. Say 180Wh/Day? About 14Ah maybe so taking those to 50Ah/day.

If you are thinking of getting a pair of 460Ah as you need that capacity, would a 30Ah charger really cut it?
This is the bigger version at over £800. https://www.victronenergy.com/chargers/skylla-ip65.
Having seen that I may not just be for lithium . Or may just be lead acid. Either way I don’t think I will be paying that much for a battery charger

Last edited:
you need to widen your searching ;)
There is a Victron IP43 50A 12V Charger for under £400 for example.

If anyone is looking for a charger AND an inverter, the Victron Multiplus represents a very good option as is cheaper than buying quality separate devices (as basically a mains charger is a AC/DC converter and an Inverter is a DC/AC converter so there are a lot of shared components).
A Victron 12/1600/70 with a 1350W Inverter and a 70A Charger is around £700

The victron is 43 50 A

Book marked now on the shopping list

And a. Victron Orion-Tr Smart 12V 30A Non Isolated DC-DC B2B Split Charge Kit

Then there is the wire the fuses and holders terminal ends

Am I missing something ? Apart from batteries

The victron is 43 50 A

Book marked now on the shopping list

And a. Victron Orion-Tr Smart 12V 30A Non Isolated DC-DC B2B Split Charge Kit
I would look at the Orion-XS 50A instead. Victron have made significant reported improvements on the new B2B charger. (I say reported as not seen one yet, although got currently 5 on order. You need to wait for deliveries on those at the moment as on back-orders with all distributors).

Then there is the wire the fuses and holders terminal ends

Am I missing something ? Apart from batteries

I like the idea of levelling systems, but after having a set of levelling ramps for around 8 years and only ever used them twice, I think it would be money best used elsewhere, at least in my own case.

Which system have you got? One which uses bags to raise and drop corners, or one with hydraulic jacks that come down?

It’s the Amplo hydraulic self levelling system From

It’s being fitted next month we’re finding it hard sometimes to move around or sleep while on an angle .
We had level blocks for a long time but they only lifted us a little. And never enough for the new fridge to work ..

Someone here has them fitted and shows there use on YouTube .

The Fridge. There’s another item to post on as well later.

We decided that for us there the ideal thing even thought it’s an old Moho . Everything is working in and on it and anything that needs repairing or replacing is done as soon as possible .
Most items that not break are age related items like plastics ..

It’s the Amplo hydraulic self levelling system From

It’s being fitted next month we’re finding it hard sometimes to move around or sleep while on an angle .
We had level blocks for a long time but they only lifted us a little. And never enough for the new fridge to work ..

Someone here has them fitted and shows there use on YouTube .

The Fridge. There’s another item to post on as well later.

We decided that for us there the ideal thing even thought it’s an old Moho . Everything is working in and on it and anything that needs repairing or replacing is done as soon as possible .
Most items that not break are age related items like plastics ..
I like that kind of system :) apart from the levelling, makes taking wheels off dead easy (and emptying your tanks as well of course).

New Fridge needs the van level? You swapped over to another 3-way fridge rather than going Compressor then? A little surprised considering fitting big battery bank.

I like that kind of system :) apart from the levelling, makes taking wheels off dead easy (and emptying your tanks as well of course).

New Fridge needs the van level? You swapped over to another 3-way fridge rather than going Compressor then? A little surprised considering fitting big battery bank.
did not at the time consider the lithium battery thing its only now when were thinking longer off grid this year than we did last year.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back