Rolls Lithium S12 135

Jenrai

Hey gang, just wanted to check as you know I am not technical. Here is a link to the web page for the battery I have installed :Lithium S12 135

This is connected to a Victron controller, now we have colder weather am I reading the information correctly that I don't need to worry about the colder weather damaging the battery as it has a heater and BMS?

Hey gang, just wanted to check as you know I am not technical. Here is a link to the web page for the battery I have installed :Lithium S12 135

This is connected to a Victron controller, now we have colder weather am I reading the information correctly that I don't need to worry about the colder weather damaging the battery as it has a heater and BMS?
Looks like a very nice battery (y)

I would say you are right in what you are saying. The key summary is:

Charge Mode:
  • Charge at recommend voltage & current by temperature until charge current drops to ≤ 0.05C (CC,CV)
  • DO NOT USE TEMPERATURE COMPENSATION
  • No BTS (Batteries Temperature Sensor)
And the key part is "No BTS". On the Victron controller, you want to make sure the Low Temperature cut-off is disabled. By default when you set the battery type to Lithium, this is enabled (see screen shot below)
controller.png
This is often forgotten about and left active even for batteries with heaters built-in. For Lithium Batteries without heaters, it can be very important to enable, but for batteries with heaters, you definately want it disabled.

@wildebus you give such detailed explanations I am very grateful, how do I find and disable the temperature compensation?

Is there a control panel on the controller or would it be an app?

@wildebus you give such detailed explanations I am very grateful, how do I find and disable the temperature compensation?

Is there a control panel on the controller or would it be an app?
If it is a SmartSolar Victron Controller, then you run the app, then click on the gear icon on the top-right corner of the screen and then you will see the various options as per the screen shot above.
Navigate to bottom and tap on the Low Temp bit and another pop-up will appear with the ability to change the temp, but there will also be an option to just toggle it to disabled.
If a BlueSolar without Bluetooth, there would be a way I think, but don't know how off-hand.

Just to say, if you DO end up leaving it on for a time, it will not cause any issues or endanger the batteries, it will just mean you won't take advantage of any charging if the battery temp is very low.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back