Roof waterproofing advice

Compass19

Free Member

Has anyone used a rubber or other paint on the aluminium roof of their motor home & was it any good?

Try this it won’t look pretty on a newish motorhome but will do the job of sealing think you can get it in white. From screw fix Boston Flexacryl.

Click_Collect

ae235

Cementone

CEMENTONE FLEXACRYL ROOF REPAIR COMPOUND GREY 5KG (46079)​

View reviews (54)
4.8 out of 5

View all Q&A
You must be 18 years old or over to buy this product.
High performance, one coat instant roof repair compound ideal for emergency repairs or general maintenance. No primer required in most circumstances and can be applied in damp conditions. Flexible and is ideal for areas subject to ponding. Exceptional weather resistance and long lasting.
  • Model No: 17500
  • Waterproof

You could try Starspangledspanner. They are very helpful and will give you the right advice. They sell a rubber roof coating, the following link should show it.

You tube videos from “ Houseless not homeless “, at the moment, are probably how not to do it. Martin seems to be struggling with his new purchase.

Has anyone used a rubber or other paint on the aluminium roof of their motor home & was it any good?
Il take it you have a compass motorhome what model, and you say your looking for rubber paint for a aluminium roof, I will apologise for this silly question, is it aluminium and if so is it a full sheet for the full roof or is there joints in roof, and do you know where water is coming in, is there a moulding between the roof and sides? Is there any cables coming threw roof or a vent on roof, look forward to your reply, gerry

Last edited:
Is this another free member who asks a question but never bothers to reply?
***...a new member asks a question.
Give the guy time to reply...it’s not that long since he asked the question.
Members giving a positive and helpful advice may just encourage new members to become full paid members.
Had I received such a negative reply to my first post I would have been long gone.
Thankfully someone else replied and ....I stayed.

***.....a new member asks a question.
Give the guy time to reply...it’s not that long since he asked the question.
Members giving a positive and helpful advice may just encourage new members to become full paid members.
Had I received such a negative reply to my first post I would have been long gone.
Thankfully someone else replied and ....I stayed.

I’m not allowed an observation?

I'm a long time member, but glad of the suggestions and opinions from other members. I have a leak despite the aluminium strip being removed, cleaned and reasealed, think paint might be the next thing to try,
Have you looked at the link I posted at #3? They sell sealing strips, if the leak is just over a join, then tape might be a cheaper and tidier option.

( just seen they are out of stock, but other retailers might have similar).

Sorry not to have got back to you all it was rude of me. I spent the weekend working on the old girl ready for winter.
many thanks for all your recommendations & advice. Plenty to look into this week.
The vehicle is a compass Navigator with a one piece aluminium roof which is suffering from quite bad electrolysis on the back curved area (I would guess 50/60 holes.)
It has two opening roof lights, a flue, and an aerial.

I removed the cover strip that goes from the centre of the roof to the ground( almost) cleaned it as new & resealed it, then I looked at the roof & found lots of holes in a dead straight line across the roof & two patches below the line, more than enough reason for my problem. As the model is prone to electrolysis , I thought painting would fix those I know about, those I may not have discovered & any future outbreaks.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back