Snow Chains for mud

I had heard that these can rip easily and then get wrapped around the drive axle, but I will look in to them. Thanks
like chains they are designed to get you unstuck not for general driving, and if they did rip they wouldn't bother a drive shaft much but as they fit on the outside of the wheels I'd expect them to just fall onto the road, bit of course all things could happen

I want them for mud not snow and with 2 owners of larger MHs vouching for them, they are worth a punt.
well thats different then i personally wouldn't've take our m/h onto a muddy field
I brought these used once with success.
Changed tyres now to cross climate never had problem since . Tagg comanche
you need chains or socks for driving in mountainous regions in France like we do going through the somport tunnel its the law now .cheyenne

well thats different then i personally wouldn't've take our m/h onto a muddy field

Neither would I on purpose however conditions change and anyone can get caught out hence the idea of getting grips for the 'just in case' moments.

Sometimes you don't have the option. For example, we went to Stourport for a picking weekend recently -- over 400 miles round trip, and we'd already paid for four nights camping. When we arrived, I was horrified to see that camping was on a soft, grass field and not the hardstanding I'd assumed. So, what to do? The choices were to take our chances on the field or turn around and go back home. We took our chances and got stuck. Thankfully, a combination of waffle boards and willing helpers got us parked for the weekend and the field dried enough for us to 'escape' on Monday morning! ... but that's the reason I'm following this thread!

What is a picking weekend?

What is a picking weekend?
It's where a bunch of ('acoustic') musicians (typically half a dozen to a couple of hundred) meet up for a weekend-long jam session. I play guitar, fiddle and mandolin; Jan learned to play bass during lockdown. Last weekend was by invitation only with a couple of dozen musos taking part. Next one is next weekend (10th to 12th November) at Baskerville Hall near Hay-on-Wye; camping is £20/night without EHU: bring your own banjo etc!

Ah, I see, geetar pickn.

It's where a bunch of ('acoustic') musicians (typically half a dozen to a couple of hundred) meet up for a weekend-long jam session. I play guitar, fiddle and mandolin; Jan learned to play bass during lockdown. Last weekend was by invitation only with a couple of dozen musos taking part. Next one is next weekend (10th to 12th November) at Baskerville Hall near Hay-on-Wye; camping is £20/night without EHU: bring your own banjo etc!
Haha, there was me wondering what fruit/veg was in season for picking

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back