Spotted in Newark yesterday...

I worked for Don Godden at his Yamaha dealership in the late Seventies. He had a few Vincents and often brought one to the Shop at weekends. He used to cover the seat with a cardboard box if rain was due, something about protecting the wood work!

It took a while to get the knack of starting it, and being RHD it had the pedals around the wrong way😉

Overpriced and overrated, wouldn't have one if you gave me it!🤥
😂

I worked for Don Godden at his Yamaha dealership in the late Seventies. He had a few Vincents and often brought one to the Shop at weekends. He used to cover the seat with a cardboard box if rain was due, something about protecting the wood work!

It took a while to get the knack of starting it, and being RHD it had the pedals around the wrong way😉
For those of us who learned to ride on a British bike, the pedals were the right way round, Mr Preview, just not in the way that Mr Honda composed them, as Eric Morecambe didn't quite say ... :D

Steve

Don McLean wrote a song about that bike. 😙
Naw, that was Gene Vincent you're thinking of, Terry. Don MacLean wrote about a Dutch Van, Hertz van Rental, before he went to play for Barcelona ... Don MacLean also wrote a song about a boozer for killed soldiers, post interment. 'The grave that they dug him had Flowers ...'

Steve

Naw, that was Gene Vincent you're thinking of, Terry. Don MacLean wrote about a Dutch Van, Hertz van Rental, before he went to play for Barcelona ... Don MacLean also wrote a song about a boozer for killed soldiers, post interment. 'The grave that they dug him had Flowers ...'

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back