Chat Room

Just been talking to Devon highways about access to Slapton Sands car park (road was closed after severe storm damage). The road is closed just after Strete so no access to car park and looks like staying that way for a long time. :Very_sad_emoji_icon

may do some sun bathing today........thats if it doesssnt get too hot.....oh im making a messs of this typing......praps i should give
oh on second thoughts just een out for 5 mins and its hot, hot, so no sunbathing today.....praps a lie down in bed for half hour or so...

Last edited:
Van cleaning external for me today ready for my southern road trip next Friday can’t wsit feels like I’ve been home ages so getting bored now.

Taking the van to the jetwash today as being "taken away" end of the week! Cleared it all out yesterday:Very_sad_emoji_icon very sad as it's been such a disappointment and letdown. But....looking forward to planning the self build, just have to wait and be van less for a few months! On the upside, we know exactly what design we want and having had a brush with "brand spanking new" are happy to wait!

Morning all,
Patchy cloud, so not so hot this morning in CTL.
Mum has hairdresser appt this morning, then we'em off somewhere.
Been putting courgettes and cucumbers in a 'help yourself' basket in the drive - think the village is fed up with them as well!

Better not spend it yet - he might change his mind, but I have seen a couple of beachcasters .....................................

Went to Taunton and called in at our daughters today; 'can you bring your vac, ours is broken'. I said I'd have a look at it before they threw it out - stripped it down, cleared out all the **** and tis as good as new. Wot's up with folk these days, 'don't work, chuck it'. :mad:

They have no idea in the main, just buy new but a lot of things no are disposable so they aren't always wrong Chris :(

Went to Taunton and called in at our daughters today; 'can you bring your vac, ours is broken'. I said I'd have a look at it before they threw it out - stripped it down, cleared out all the **** and tis as good as new. Wot's up with folk these days, 'don't work, chuck it'. :mad:

My son in law has a games machine, but never keeps one for much more than twelve months because he likes to move them on while they are still working, and generally it costs little or nothing to do this.

He waits while there are offers on new ones, usually with extras which he sells along with his old machine. This means he has a new machine that's cost little or nothing with a twelve month guarantee.

Peaceful evening, sitting in the garden with the spoils of our last trip across the ditch - well ripe bleu d'Auvergne and a bottle of Chinon.

I've had a lot of problems signing in here for the last few weeks, but today it worked!

No idea why.

Just renewed ins on the bus, so tis all systems go ........................................

Fetching our daughter's dog for a weekend holiday in Devon; they are all working at the weekend so he might as well keep us company. A lovely old black lab, no bother to look after.

Haven't visited this site for a while, busy keeping cool and working on our new home! Still no motorhome...keeping an eye out for a van to convert but not really ready for it yet. Be borrowing back our old van when we go to Portugal end of this year?

Taking the dog back this morning and then probably have a drive to the coast.
Started out sunny, now tis black as yer 'at :(

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back