This weekend coming up

The laird

Rally Organiser

Decided to shoot off Friday night for a couple of nights out,decided on a camp site maybe a few hours drive from home,
Have tried loads but all booked up
Also got a shock at the charges some are asking
Where are you going?
What charges are you meeting?

I have booked southwold for 3 nights in August as my daughter and granddaughters are coming to and it’s across the road from the beach and paid £120 for that. Apart from that I don’t do campsites

I have booked southwold for 3 nights in August as my daughter and granddaughters are coming to and it’s across the road from the beach and paid £120 for that. Apart from that I don’t do campsites
Lovely beach there, just down the road from us, so we can go free ;)
Inland the sites are a bit cheaper ( £25 at the pub near Halesworth Triple Plea) but I suppose they charge for proximity to beach.

I only use C&CC CS sites which are usually around the £10.00 - £15.00 mark depending on whether you have ehu.
Have to agree some of the campsite prices are scandalous, worse for me as I’m on my own apart from the dog. Another issue is in the lakes most if not all the C&CC main sites have a minimum number of nights in high season, usually 3 nights.

£5 for a lovely CS tonight, then £14 for a very smart CL with electric hook up, then 3 nights at the Shuttleworth collection for the airshow, £50. We usually use a CL or CS about every three nights so average about £5 a night.

Going to a party in Brampton and will have a few sherberts
Bloody rip off £24 cl site includes a charge for the dog, on-site at 3 before 12 the next day, more that a pound an hour

• Sad
Reactions: 2cv
Go to a CCC THS Gordon. If you fancy being near a beach try Soughall Farm between N. Berwick and Dunbar. I'm at one near Bridlington costing £9 a night. Moving on Saturday to one near Whitby. It is expensive at £14 a night, but near to town.

I agree, many campsites get incredibly greedy during the summer, just because they can. Recently, I was quoted £40 a night in Dorset with a minimum booking of 3 nights. This was just for an overnight to give my daughtrer a chance to visit the outlaws, so I politely declined and we managed a day trip instead.

Mind you, right about now I'd pay almost anything to be away in the van but I'm still on visiting-from-Aus-daughter-and-partner-entertainment duty. Love having them here though and I'll get some away time next week when they head off to explore somewhere in Europe.

I would also like to get away but health problems have stopped me getting the van MOT done, when it is done though I agree with Biggarmac and we will go to a THS, the money saved in the summer puts a lot of fuel in the van, a few years ago we had three weeks in Devon at £10pn

‘Tis the silly season for a lot of sites. In Sardinia I was quoted £€70 per night. But have ended up paying €63 for one night at a site near Antibes ... some of that was a booking fee. We had to book that one as James will get to see 3 of his children and 4 grandkids ... couldn’t risk them not having space. Am sure it’s ghe most we’ve ever paid by far.

It’s don’t help when jeffmossy tells me he is finishing soon aghhhhh! Maybe he is winding me up?
The problem is it’s a family related business and got a few off just now and under pressure and got truckfest coming up as well then druridge ?
I’m meant to be finishing on the 22/02/2022

Going to rowntrees park york tomorrow lovely location but about £73 for two nights
Might start robbing banks to pay for it but don't think 7m sprinter van will make good getaway vehicle

It’s don’t help when jeffmossy tells me he is finishing soon aghhhhh! Maybe he is winding me up?
The problem is it’s a family related business and got a few off just now and under pressure and got truckfest coming up as well then druridge ?
I’m meant to be finishing on the 22/02/2022

Hope this works out for you Gordon,
All though I will miss you working ??????

No wind up Gordon , Lorraine has already finished and I am waiting until the end of the year, Then Portugal here we come . Sorry to rub it in Gordon ??

Gordon had too take an earlier ferry home from France drove from mont-saint- Michel to le Harve got on a ferry then drove straight through I’ve stopped at you’re favourite wee place for a kip couldent drive another mile then up the rd early doors looks like I drove about 650 miles today. lost Three days of my holiday and had to pay an extra £180 for the privilege of an earlier ferry bummer but duty calls.

Gordon had too take an earlier ferry home from France drove from mont-saint- Michel to le Harve got on a ferry then drove straight through I’ve stopped at you’re favourite wee place for a kip couldent drive another mile then up the rd early doors looks like I drove about 650 miles today. lost Three days of my holiday and had to pay an extra £180 for the privilege of an earlier ferry bummer but duty calls.

Hope everything is ok with you all!

That’s a shame mate ,I was goung away this weekend but I’m in Redcar the now same as you duty called
Next time weekend Fiona’s on all weekend at hospital then it’s truckfest my backend ain’t getting a rest cause we’ve got the trucks to get ready as well
Need another holiday???

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back