three dead crash on A 64

rugbyken

just reading the reports of a crash on the A64 staggered to read the facts on seatbelts in a motorhome conversion ???
Coroner Alison Norton said she would raise the issue with the government.
Under existing laws regarding converted motorhomes, there is no obligation to have seat belts fitted.
The inquest heard it was not possible to say whether Mrs Hunt and her daughter would have survived had they been wearing seats belts.
Concluding the three died from multiple injuries following a road accident, assistant coroner Ms Norton said the evidence showed there were no defects to the motor home and Mr Hunt's driving was not a factor.
She did however say she had "concerns that adults and children over three could travel in the rear of motorhomes without a seatbelt

Thats strange as when i did my mot they were and did look at all belts and seats, they said compulsery for all passengers from many years back.
I did have all belted seats but first time round i was falled as they said plate size under floor did not meet regs and required a test on seats, i told them total b sh one t and after a full complaint they gave in and said i was correct, also if the floor is wood then the reg plate size does not mater.
Mine by the way are very heavy box bar across the chassis for and aft, so wont pull through in a crash.belts.jpg

Missing seat belts aside, choosing to operate a vehicle with 22 year old tyres of which one failed may have been a significant contributing factor to the cause of the accident.

Sadly it is not an Mot failure for cars and vehicles under 3500kg but it probably should be and perhaps this family may be alive today

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back