Tinted windows

Ubviously some people dismiss the whole concept of a tinted window and don't 'get it', but there are a number of advantages to those with a more open mindset :) ...

Privacy - in the shower room is certainly useful and it means you can use the loo and more relevantly the shower WITHOUT having to close the blind if you want privacy. So you can still look out and enjoy the view without anyone peering in.
The same privacy can be enjoyed in the living area as well.
In the majority of Motorhomes the living area is also the dressing area and very often the 'drying after a shower' area as well in many shower rooms in motorhomes and campers being tiny. Having tinted windows means again you don't need to close the blinds while drying or dressing to avoid being seen if there are people around. It is also especially effective if in self-conversion and 'stealth camping' where you can see out perfectly clearly and check what is going on without anyone seeing in.
Cooler - the Tint also helps block some heat coming it (you can get especially heat-reflective tint film as well, which would be good if using the camper a lot in places like Southern Europe).

The following photo shows the difference between no glass, an already standard tinted window with an additional 90% tint added (90% tint means 90% of the light is blocked from entering), and the two panes of tinted glass one on top of the other (effect of sliding window open).

T5 Tinted Window by David, on Flickr

And total privacy (and IMO a nice look on this style of van as well)

VW T5 Camper by David, on Flickr

I chose to have the 90% tint as that is my preference (I find the slight light reduction looking out perfectly fine and the level of privacy afforded excellent) but you can get tint levels anywhere from 5% all the way to 100% and blackout.
My windows are quite high on the van, not sure if that’s due to MB chassis or no, (don’t even think Lee could see in)t. I could shower with window wide open and blinds open although I do usually shut the bling or fly screen. It weird but if I only have bacground (low) light on when it’s dark folks often say they thought I had gone to bed even without screen covers and blinds being closed. It’s one of the reasons I always say my big white box is so stealthy :)

My windows are quite high on the van, not sure if that’s due to MB chassis or no, (don’t even think Lee could see in)t. I could shower with window wide open and blinds open although I do usually shut the bling or fly screen. It weird but if I only have bacground (low) light on when it’s dark folks often say they thought I had gone to bed even without screen covers and blinds being closed. It’s one of the reasons I always say my big white box is so stealthy :)
I didn't realise that people knew about my little problem of peeking in Windows.
I've had counselling and it's all behind me now.
Neil I assume you've still got the rubber duck. 😜

I didn't realise that people knew about my little problem of peeking in Windows.
I've had counselling and it's all behind me now.
Neil I assume you've still got the rubber duck. 😜
Of course I used your name in vain as you are probably the shortest giant we all know rather than any perversions you may have 😂😂😂😂

No window in my bathroom/toilet, auto led light and roof vent.View attachment 68945
Don’t mention led lights Trev

Pulled up on a doggie lay-by one night to break our journey. Put the two small lights over the headboard on and one had a reddish glow. Caz went mad saying I was encouraging everyone but I never saw the problem. I did have to give in after about an hour and move a little further up to another lay-by where I shut blinds quick so she didn’t notice it was also doggers delight 😂😂😂😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back