Toilet cleaner

Bracknell MoHo

OK, hardly the most fun subject but......

What do you / should one use to clean toilet bowl on a thetford ? When away on the road, clearly it can't be anything which couldn't go happily into a CDP, and shouldn't be damaging to the cassette in any way.
[Obviously I know what I need to add to the cassette itself. Also, I don't think we have any way of adding anything to the flush system and so don't]

I have very occasionally used some bleach for a "deep clean" but only when back at base. Though I'm reading that even that might be a no-no as it could damage seals (though the walruses are fine with it apparently).

Someone, David perhaps suggested Zoflora, so we got some of that, and a tiny amount in an old empty spray bottle seems to do the job.

We buy the Thetford toilet cleaner but it's expensive at £11 + a bottle. I'll be interested to see what other people use.

We use it too. A product made for the job by the people who make the toilets, seems a good way to go to my eyes. As it's a foam spray as well, when applied and rubbed in there is no liquid to go down into the cassette so no worries about chemicals getting into cess pits etc.

We use it too. A product made for the job by the people who make the toilets, seems a good way to go to my eyes. As it's a foam spray as well, when applied and rubbed in there is no liquid to go down into the cassette so no worries about chemicals getting into cess pits etc.
Don't you have to rinse it off after application ??

Spray on; wipe around with a damp cloth/kitchen roll to clean; wipe off with clean damp rag/kitchen roll and job done.

Thanks for all your inputs - which are undoubtedly more interesting than our outputs.

I have gone and got a bottle of concentrated Thetford Aqua Rinse (Halfords, £12.99 but no delivery charge to add on top). Based on it apparently being 50ml to 15L flush tank, I have considerably diluted it (but nowhere near that much) in a previously almost finished Tesco Limescale Remover spray thingy (this bit is clearly more information than is strictly required). It will soon make its way into the van.

I would say that I would report on the results, but in the interests of good taste I probably won't.

Someone, David perhaps suggested Zoflora, so we got some of that, and a tiny amount in an old empty spray bottle seems to do the job.
My Thetford has a fresh water tank flush so I can't add anything "at source" either, so I use either Zoflora or I use Thetford Aqua Spray (https://amzn.to/3YNklM5) as I happen to already have it (bought a couple of years ago).

Something recommended but not used myself is using a Rain-X product for Plastic on the bowl to make it very 'slippy' .....

It seems to work fine except for the life in the spray being only 14 days so we only half fill it.

Well I decided that perhaps after all your efforts I should report back. I can say that use of the Thetford Aqua Rinse (decanted into a spray bottle) has been declared a successful experiment. I won't bother going into more details than that. Thanks to all your inputs which helped us to better mange our outputs.

Ands after you have cleaned it make sure its dry and apply a good coat of car body wax. Your troubles will just slip away.

When we got our van the toilet bowl was very stained (yellow)
Dealer said they wouldn’t replace the toilet as part of deal,
Twenty minutes with a wet soft cloth and whitening toothpaste and it looks like new,
Ps use disposable gloves

Twenty minutes with a wet soft cloth and whitening toothpaste and it looks like new,
Ps use disposable gloves
And buy another tube of toothpaste. I would hope. 😄

Ps use disposable gloves

It works on the stainless sinks as well brings them up like new.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back