Topping up fresh water.

runnach

This is what I do rather than numerous trips with a watering can, container holds 19ltr. I realise my method will not be suitable for everyone.
IMG_4491.jpegIMG_4493.jpeg

I saw 2 Aquarolls at the boot sale today both looked as new, £15 each 54 litre capacity so a lot of water, Great if you have storage room, I still prefer my 10 litre watering can with a 10 litre plastic container though I can still manage to carry both when full saves a lot of faffing about at the Bourne when several vans trying to get on it, same with the cassette I mainly carry that to the emptying point too, good exercise too beats the sweaty gym any day hee Hee

I take one of these IF I think we might struggle ...ex MOD water Jerry can 20l

g_used-blk-cont1.jpg

Black potable plastic so don't go mouldy ...
And tough as old boots bleed valve to ease 'glugging'

Drinking water wise I just buy the Odd 4l spring water bottles and refill from taps till the handles fall off .

hi guys . when touring Europe in the summer i always take my aquaroll with me as you see the french walking to the water tap with small bottle's to fill up with fresh water ( not mentioning the waste water 🤫 after dark i know ! i know ! i know ! ) then just pump it into the tank . cheyenne

25ltr barrel on shoping trolley. And 12v pump..
Works well. tried a watering can it takes for ever..
My van tank holds 130 litres I leave home with about 80 litres in it and then daily top it up with 2 trips to the tap with my can and watering can and that is 40 litres added to the deminishing amount in the tank it slowly fills over time depending on usage, some days it needs no water added just done 80 day Portugal trip and it all was fine,

hi guys . when touring Europe in the summer i always take my aquaroll with me as you see the french walking to the water tap with small bottle's to fill up with fresh water ( not mentioning the waste water 🤫 after dark i know ! i know ! i know ! ) then just pump it into the tank . cheyenne
Aquaroll for me too 12v Pump of fleebay job done.👍

Which is why I use the fresh water drink container, carry to and from the dispenser, then glug glug glug into FW tank. I’ll keep the barrel in mind, must be handy when your knocking on a bit 😂

Just finished van build pug boxer,fitted 70ltr tank ,connection to bottom of tank serves as fill point and van supply,added a single stop cock on tank side of fill point..close it pump pulls water from hose attached to fill point(other end in drum barrel can whatever,open tap pump pulls from tank

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back