Tow bar fittings

Robina

We have a tow bar fitted with what I think is called a swan neck. See image. I assume the previous owner uses It for towing. I would like to put a low down bike rack on it instead of the usual high one we currently have and I believe this would call for a ball fitting. Does anyone know if the two types can just be swapped? The swan neck seems to be bolted on rather than an integral part of the tow bar. Any advice helpful.

If what I want is doable does anyone on here know someone near York who could do it?
F7C1FC23-2D70-41D9-8E99-9BA685AB636F.jpeg903995B7-C789-4575-9D13-1B9B7CAB0444.jpeg

Give The Roof Box company a ring, they are extremely knowledgable and helpful with any issue regarding tow bar mounted bike racks. I have purchased from them but have no connection other than being a satisfied customer.

We have a Thule towball mounted bike rack on a swan neck. The only thing to be aware of is it extends the overhang of your motorhome and can catch the ground sometimes.

I’d love to find a way of getting the bike rack higher.

We have a Thule towball mounted bike rack on a swan neck. The only thing to be aware of is it extends the overhang of your motorhome and can catch the ground sometimes.

I’d love to find a way of getting the bike rack higher.
Ours is fastened half way up the back of the van and is too high for me to manage the weight of the bike. Our tow bar already catches occasionally:-( Would the bike rack not be raised a bit?

Can't you just get a plate welded onto what you already got and bolt the rack to that

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back