Weight worries Advice please...

I can hardly believe front more heavy then rear. Did you not ride backward so weightslip swiched F and R?

Bamboo plates, bowls and cups. Very light, surprisingly tough and no rattles.
Personally I would do that but SWMBO threw out the melamine set that came with the van and installed the porcelain set... Much more civilised don't you know.

There is however one very heavy pan which we use for one particular dish, so that is coming out and I will try to convince the management that I can do the same dish equally well on the two lightweight pans instead.

Thanks for the prompt. ;)

IH vans come with a set of cutlery which weigh an absolute ton and I changed them for fewer and lighter cutlery when we first got the van, along with a heavy plastic template to hold the cutlery. What were they thinking ?

K ;)

Consider having the weight rating increased. Speak to Gareth at SV Tech, he is a guru on the subject and any changes can be sorted by telephone & online. Pay particular attention to the rating of your tyres; extortionate fines and possible court appearance for unsafe vehicle if tyre rating is inadequate.
Gareth is contactable at http://www.svtech.co.uk/ & 01772 621800
Good luck

Consider having the weight rating increased. Speak to Gareth at SV Tech, he is a guru on the subject and any changes can be sorted by telephone & online. Pay particular attention to the rating of your tyres; extortionate fines and possible court appearance for unsafe vehicle if tyre rating is inadequate.
Gareth is contactable at http://www.svtech.co.uk/ & 01772 621800
Good luck
Yes check tyres and wheel sizes first. If yours are like mine there is only one manufacturer and two different tyres. Can lead to baldness, on head not tyres lol

And if tyres have to be upgraded to more maximum load and pressure, then also rimms and valves have to be checked to see if they are designed for that higher load and pressure.

We set off on tuesday morning with full tanks and "stuff" for a 4 week tour so I popped into the local weighbridge and confirmed my worst fear... i am overweight! 3540kg so not too bad for a 6.3M PVC. But still overweight.
I dropped half the fresh water right away =35kg and let fuel consumption do the rest for day 1.
Now I am on a mission to shed the kgs...
Watch this space...
What are your weight saving ideas?
K;)
Uprate it no more worries

Is that so easy in England, to upgrade to more then 3500 kg. Dont you need a different driverslicence then .

Is it yust as in the rest of europe, C1 or C then?
And the speedlimit being lower then for persons-car, dont you see that as disdvantage , or is that in England also low for B driverslicence- cars?

In Holland personscars highway 130kmph/ 81mph. Trucks and no personscars 80mph.
Provincial roads all 80 kmph/ 50mph.

Is that so easy in England, to upgrade to more then 3500 kg. Dont you need a different driverslicence then .
if you passed your test before 1997 in the UK, you will almost certainly have the right to drive vehicles upto 7,500Kg

Is that so easy in England, to upgrade to more then 3500 kg. Dont you need a different drivers licence then .
if you passed your test before 1997 in the UK, you will almost certainly have the right to drive vehicles upto 7,500Kg (automatic C1 entitlement)

Is it yust as in the rest of europe, C1 or C then?
And the speedlimit being lower then for persons-car, dont you see that as disdvantage , or is that in England also low for B driverslicence- cars?

In Holland personscars highway 130kmph/ 81mph. Trucks and no personscars 80mph.
Provincial roads all 80 kmph/ 50mph.
A Motorhome in the UK that is less then 3050Kg Unladen Weight (so typically rule of thumb under 4000Kg GVW and can be more) has the same speed limits as a car within the UK.
My 'Motor Caravan' is 4600kg GVW but I can do car speeds if I want as the ULW is under 3050Kg (by around 100Kg)

Ah.. yust as once was in Germany, wish we had that here too . Mine is from somewhere 1980. Would have solved a lot of overweight problems for the pensionado' s here with 7meter( 21ft? ) motorhomes, with empty weight 3000kg or more.
If in Holland you upgrade above 3500kg and it is in the papers as personscar, you are allowed 130kmph on highway.
Is done fir those armoured ( diplomatic fi) cars, but also usefull for motorhomes .
A rule wich has many unsertainties, one moment they say this and the other moment that, and even police dont know about it always.
You need C1 then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back