Well done Stratford upon Avon council

Too late for us.. But good on them!

Well yes and no the sign did say no overnight parking (this might have been changed) we have stopped here for years
With no problems great place. ?
The sign in the photo says "charges apply 24 hours a day 7 days a week" so that must mean overnight parking is permitted surely?

Yes but the sign on the pay machine did say deferent ,
Will be there in July so will find out always stop for two days . ?

Wish they would all do this...seems too sensible for some though!

Yes but the sign on the pay machine did say deferent ,
Will be there in July so will find out always stop for two days . ?
Hi
Did you find out? We want to go soon but have it sussed before we arrive
?

As back up both monks barn farm and ingon bank farm CLs are good for Stratford. Not as handy for strolling into town but you get ehu and fac’s for £15 pn

Good on Stratford we have used this car park (at £2 per night !) several times, great for a night out on the town ! However the last time we went there was a contingent of twin axle Hobbie caravans. We didn't stay, but wondered if that would spoil it for everyone. It looks like the council have reacted positively with height barriers and proper moho bays.

We just need more councils to have the same strategy.

I fear that nothing much will change until the big two clubs get out of 'tugger' mode. They just do not get it. (Despite the name change to caravan and Motorhome club) . The caravan club do not even recommend Aires or Stellplatzs. I suppose we ought to be grateful that the ccc offer a 'motorhome service' at a limited number of sites.

We need a campaigning organisation to promote the provision of 'parking' as opposed to 'camping'.

I think a lot of members of this forum are also members of one or both big clubs. Should we not be a pain in the backside of these organisations ?

Paul.

I believe it is possible to park overnight in the marina car park in Stratford Upon Avon. We have done this in the past - there was a modest charge for the privilege.

Well I just learned tonight that there’s a Stratford and a Stratford upon Avon I’ve stayed at the sports centre in Stratford upon Avon before and heading south tonight seen a sign for Stratford and thought good I’ll park up behind sports centre when I got to the town centre I then realised wrong town in fact miles apart felt a right tube. So we Parked up at the services on the m6 toll £30 with a £10 food voucher and pre paid toll works out the parking for night costs £10 don’t like staying in services but think this one is probably the best around handy to break up a long journey.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back