Wet towels - no more

Tim120

Wet towels - no more

Last year a very nice couple we met and spent a few hours chatting to gave us some good tips as we were new to all this.

One tip was using towels seen by divers in swimming pools. We were shown a small plastic container with what looked like a piece of cloth in it and reassured they were brilliant.

Cut a long story short, they arrived yesterday, tried this morning and they really are superb. Incredibly absorbent and easily rung out and stored in the container.

Best of all a good deal to be had too. Postage a bit steep so we bought three.

Speedo | Speedo Sports Towel | All Swimming Accessories

So cheap we bought four. Remarkably effective for normal drying of hands and body. Not much good after a shower, if you want to dry your hair or back. Slightly un-nerving that they are stored in the container wet, but will give them a fair trial and see how we get on with them. First impressions are curiously favourable.

RoaminRog;n21122 said:
So cheap we bought four. Remarkably effective for normal drying of hands and body. Not much good after a shower, if you want to dry your hair or back. Slightly un-nerving that they are stored in the container wet, but will give them a fair trial and see how we get on with them. First impressions are curiously favourable.

Ours are ready to be collected today, so we'll see how they work out. I suppose you could always put that hair of yours out on the line to dry ...

Cheers

H

RoaminRog;n21122 said:

Can understand the problem your hair might cause :) mine's now a fading memory. For the back how about tying it to something and doing it bear style :Thinking_Face_Emoji
If I wasn't going to be using one for a while I think I would let it dry out but used often should be ok to store damp.

We use good quality microfibre towels. They are very light, dry you quickly, and dry quickly themselves.

Think we got ours from go outdoors and one of the high street outdoor shops ,not a huge towel but suffice to dry you after a shower and do dry very quickly.

Tim120;n20204 said:
Last year a very nice couple we met and spent a few hours chatting to gave us some good tips as we were new to all this.

One tip was using towels seen by divers in swimming pools. We were shown a small plastic container with what looked like a piece of cloth in it and reassured they were brilliant.

Cut a long story short, they arrived yesterday, tried this morning and they really are superb. Incredibly absorbent and easily rung out and stored in the container.

Best of all a good deal to be had too. Postage a bit steep so we bought three.

Speedo | Speedo Sports Towel | All Swimming Accessories

The link isn't working now. Can someone link to the actual item so I can take a look?

ta

Graham [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/emoticons.datahamster.com\/smile.gif"}[/IMG2]

GMJ;n27504 said:
The link isn't working now. Can someone link to the actual item so I can take a look?

ta

Graham [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/emoticons.datahamster.com\/smile.gif"}[/IMG2]

Link didn't work for me either.

These are the only ones I can find under that name. Not sure if they are the ones though;

https://www.sportsdirect.com/speedo/speedo-towels

I've just had a look back at my order for them and the product code is 889052/99/000. However, when I put that in a search box on their website it comes back with zilch.

Cheers

H

The link is indeed now dead. I guess the offer has now expired. I wil look and see if I can find an alternative link.

They are called 'Absorber', loads on Amazon in all different sizes. The smaller ones are great for drying off the on-board shower, window condensation, wet silver screens, and the like. They must be kept moist, but can be machine washed if they become a bit smelly. The trick is to rinse them well, after use. I have quite a few, one in each vehicle, one in the home, etc.

Have been using a flannel for drying down after shower for years now, really saves on having large towels around trying to dry. Did try microfibre clothes but they were a bit too grippy on the skin.

I have 2 one was very large and I cut it in two, Great for the beach or boat after swim, and yes they really do remove the water from your swim wear. Then all you need if anything is a face cloth.. They do work.. We have them in our van too and sometimes I use at home, saves the washing.

We bought the Spedo ones in a sale. As the parents brought them out to us as hand luggage they removed the packaging, including the box to keep them in. Just dampen them and store in zip lok bags ... takes up less space anyway.
They really came into their own when walking in the Lakes this summer ... no need to carry heavy bulky towels for lake swims.
Also found they are better for van cleaning than a chamois.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back