What did you do to your van today?

What did I do in the van today?
0730 GMT Woke up and put the kettle on. That’s a plus 😬
Alternatively, I’ve looked into my diary, and realised I’ve only two more weeks of my 90 Brexit days left. Mumble, , mumble, mumble, mumble. Always a negative isn’t there.😢

I suppose a plus could be, in 104 days time, I can go on my planned Swedish trip. YES !!!!

What did I do in the van today?
0730 GMT Woke up and put the kettle on. That’s a plus 😬
Alternatively, I’ve looked into my diary, and realised I’ve only two more weeks of my 90 Brexit days left. Mumble, , mumble, mumble, mumble. Always a negative isn’t there.😢

I suppose a plus could be, in 104 days time, I can go on my planned Swedish trip. YES !!!!

Talking plans over with another van man.
SO, DELETE
Sweden, for now,
INSERT
Italy.
Roger, advice please

Removed 7 slats on the tambour shower door so I can go to the bedroom without moving the door 100 times a day, fitted the second table support on the back of the kitchen unit, some al fresco dining is now possible ,
Cleaned all the sticky mess gaffer tape off the sliding door mosquito net where the damn cord broke whilst in Spain and it took me 9 hours to restring it a couple of weeks ago,

Wash the van today 7hrs Roof took 5 1/2 hrs Some times I regret having 8 sola panels on top when you have to cleaning under them
How, and why, do you clean under the solar panels? Unless of course the moss needs mowing.

Today I will clean my camper, having been away up in the wilds of Northumberland for a few days. While I was there I bought a 2009 AutoSleeper. And a used Thetford Cassette toilet.
Well you have to, don't you?

How, and why, do you clean under the solar panels? Unless of course the moss needs mowing.

Today I will clean my camper, having been away up in the wilds of Northumberland for a few days. While I was there I bought a 2009 AutoSleeper.
Really?

And a used Thetford Cassette toilet.
When you post about all the faults on what you bought, try not to go into too much details on the Thetford please. TMI! :poop:

Really?

When you post about all the faults on what you bought, try not to go into too much details on the Thetford please. TMI! :poop:
Shit happens. 😂

Really?

I buy only new cassettes after purchasing a second hand version initially; what a pile of crap ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Today I will clean my camper, having been away up in the wilds of Northumberland for a few days. While I was there I bought a 2009 AutoSleeper. And a used Thetford Cassette toilet.
Well you have to, don'

When it looks like this it time to clean it as they say cleanliness is next to godliness and I am God fearing man

IMG-20240415-WA0000.jpg

You clean under your Armpits I hope .... Don't you

What did you do to your van today?
I started a list of the jobs that need doing. So far it's half of an A4 sheet long. Starting with the fact that yesterday when I was inside listing jobs, it started raining and I noticed some water dripping through the rear roof light . . . . .
Perhaps I might add that I am referring to my newold Polly Polensa, not my Bourton. Which will be for sale when I have Polly up to scratch.

Called back at B340 Bikes at Benicarlo to get spare brake pads for the Biwbik Ebikes (only Biwbik Agent I know about) and then Elaine suggested that we spend a day on the Beach Aire, before heading for Tortosa/Coquettes tomorrow

Firstly the Aire size has been reduced by about 50% and access is much more limited, requiring a reverse past the line of roughly parallel parked (almost exclusively Dutch and German Vans), to leave a roadway clear for other vans to get onto the Aire. As we reversed into a gap, a Dutch couple made a point of walking between us and the German M/home + trailer, carrying 2 huge beach chairs, whilst we were manoeuvring. He then repeated the exercise to fetch the footrests, walking across the front of Brunhilde as I was squaring the Van up. As I finished parking, Mrs Dutch asked me to pull further forward, because 'I was blocking her view'. I ignored her and put up the screen covers. As I returned to the hab door, her husband confronted me, telling me I 'was not very polite, blocking his view, and I was clearly not a real camper ...' I asked when he had reserved the exclusive sea view from the road where he was parked, at which point a newly arrived Brit joined in and asked if I was moving because the Dutchman had said I was leaving!

The Dutch 'proper camper' (by his own behaviour, attitude, and Unit) had a bloody huge Concorde, with a trailer containing a Porsche that was the TOAD and was either too big, or beyond his parking ability to reverse into the Aire ... 🙄

What a total twit the Dutchman is

Steve

Just imagine if you had an old banger of a motorhome that you know was going to fail its next MOT fatally. You could accidentally crash into his Porsche and Concorde, then run over his RIB puncturing it, knock his hot barbecue into the wreckage, and drive off. Then you hide round the corner watching him jumping up and down, Disney cartoon style trying to put the flames out.

Well, I have all the gear out to wash the van, Snow foam brushes and a pressure washer to use from a distance, too knackered to do it now.

Well, I have all the gear out to wash the van, Snow foam brushes and a pressure washer to use from a distance, too knackered to do it now.
It's the thought that counts. Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the day after?

I just got up to look at the roof of my new Poly . . . . .
It is less clean than my armpits. I took a photo but it won't post. It says "The uploaded file was not an image as expected". So what does it expect? A photo of a shiny white motorhome roof? Sorry to disappoint, Mr Computer.

NOTHING!
I took the van over to the mechanic that I have used for years for the camper and our families cars.
Simple job, full servce and a replacement part.
Arrived, parked the van and found my good friend emptying out his unit. He had his mitts on a filing cabinet he was fighting with.
He tells me that his back has gone and cannot work on either of our vehicles (the Jimny in for a service on Friday) or anyone elses at that He was good to us and I will miss putting the world to right.

Therefore nothing done on my camper today.

Time to seek out another mechanic.

Back