What Motorhome Coincidences Have You Experienced?

Cie

Two days ago in Greenock we drove past The Laird who recognised us by our distinctive cab.
Today we were followed into a car park in Fort William by a Motorhome of two guys we met five weeks ago on the Norfolk coast, who we fished out of the pub as the fast rising Spring Tide was threatening their motorhome.
Totally weird coincidences - small world of Motorhomers?

A couple of years ago we met a Belgian couple on an Aire at Dun sur Meuse in France, a couple of weeks later we met the same couple on the Aire at Watten in North West France.

Reactions: Cie
I met we willy winky one night coming home from the pub, then i met him again and again,hehe.

once, in Morocco, a German guy came up and presented me with a photo of my camper , that he'd taken in France

but my favourite was walking along the front at Sete and a camper pulled up next to us , it was our 3 doors down neighbours from Bath. and while the woman was banging on about wot a small world it was, her old man suddenly remembered we couldn't stand each other , and , cutting her off in mid sentence, slammed it into first and shot off at high speed . god how we larfed !

Last edited:
another time , parked in a supermarket car park in portugal ,we'd invited a girl from a Brit camper into ours for a cuppa. after a while , she asked if i was n.brown ! i asked what gave her the clue , she said she'd been told i had nice cupboards and swore a lot

Did your missus believe you?
When the missus caught me in the van with a girl I told her she was looking at my etchings,
your excuse seems more convincing.

once, in Morocco, a German guy came up and presented me with a photo of my camper , that he'd taken in France

but my favourite was walking along the front at Sete and a camper pulled up next to us , it was our 3 doors down neighbours from Bath. and while the woman was banging on about wot a small world it was, her old man suddenly remembered we couldn't stand each other , and , cutting her off in mid sentence, slammed it into first and shot off at high speed . god how we larfed !
Love these examples. 😹We’ve noticed random people taking photos of our van too but fortunately haven’t met any neighbours yet.

Many years ago in Munich , had to get a part for the vehicle , so went into Munich by train walking down steps of Hauptbahnhof and a chap I use to go to school with was walking the other way :)
More recent was in Johannesburg getting petrol in hire car , a ute pulled up at next pump driver gets out , we had met about 2 decades ago scuba diving near Portsmouth .
In Australia traveling up west coast , pull into a roadhouse , wife goes in and got served by a woman she went to school with . Small world ?
Was traveling in Germany (again) many many years back , stopped to give a guy a lift . He turned out to be from UK
told me where i came from as he recognised the Landrover and had passed by my house and seen it parked .

When I first meet people they usually run. Second time they say fuckk there’s wully. Then I never see them again very strange.
I bought an electric bike to get away quick but I found out you bought one too

When I first meet people they usually run. Second time they say fuckk there’s wully. Then I never see them again very strange.

I'm always running back to the van to get a bit of coke to put in that whiskey you're sure to be handing out pmsl.

3rd Coincidence of the week. Received the Wild camping support email today and spotted the first photo below - “wake up to this view “- this is exactly where we are parked up now so tomorrow morning we will be doing so! (My photo taken today isn’t as exciting as I’m minus the drone!)

EFEDC05D-E05B-47D0-9C02-8EADE84D4075.jpegF953A0BA-D174-411A-ABB4-107BD790237B.jpeg

That electric bike of yours comes in handy for going for fags and single malts!( Lochore) Always enjoy your company. :) 🌈 🦄

Last month at the Jurby festival on the Isle of Man a quarter of all the Bentley Ochres in the world were in the car park.

182AD2CC-A9F9-4E97-AF7C-65D152B8C6B5.jpeg43C59A25-5C82-4733-8A8C-764E20B4BB95.jpeg

Reactions: Cie
We met an English couple in Holland who had a Bongo.
They liked our van

Year or so later we pulled into a Sosta in Italy (next to a lovely lake) and saw a van the same as ours (rare, as not mainstream make) - and low and belhold it was the same couple!

N32BBcIq7QEuKTnlIMr8XIpzqqXkeX_SEWX3NbMvLGqohV8FRPeSz8UBczZerOKbSFzSlx6R4W9m9CKUoUIHYHBeAIYktT3Yk1UZwH_A9gZk_beMftlgKI_HvAWwmeDTu7c6UBUaLz5fh5GiZ_qoxVTtsIFjbs_aq2e0f5sMDvotyqklygNfCe2-c1hgpMa9tlPMKTpGQj9xoIDCSqYtJwL7_YqhthDF3oFpvHfg8q5zWLIN-sbGP4gALZz_IIyBAMR8TBVvR_mUBbBuiW9O0voTaWAWCzFKH3GLWEgS-VzvesSc2-5_Q15yoBwuIrYPEcNhlNMvxTTAt6Ojf0WR-5TT7JNhgJ3OWqEN8ItQGklWGWXeijrihuXDGv2-_dzF8oC3MjaG9jqjk_0GAe7FVZ54EnR23SSSVaVG8b4J6YU9bBnACDBVfWw1EHYjrotlyZi6i5fe8TaAvkB8Ogemct6R2gwbxRKVRjavQ8jVE5xKUZiaOfIvMYq_JASc2UEFHhPSzxsRVfDOMuCtR2UFaUO4qB2PYZbcUZ_KYckIFKP6oTqtYvrxcPpqxhYP24LClx4nJ__URq2wL_es3AWORHnh__glVIR_LgP9N62pyfDNffA0ELaeRqogoKvvVPaONJXOLql6NJBBhpAVtvPHHKuaFiOxBO7XMrTibNikswovVSO0FWJidKQF=w801-h601-no

A few years later we bumped into them in Spain (saw them parked on a hill as we were on the main road, so turned around). Less of a coincidence as we were going to meet them in southern Spain for a trip to Morocco. But the first meet was totally unplanned.

EtRy9Cy8-_7wW8wVFJc7Mtpsh1D2svgr1oGrvdx-h9u1IWh00zD7Q8yn7goRSwarKIlykgypQk_IPjUPUIXGIv__jYqauZt2U7DQAk5FJFO_PUZz18kIyHGTT0Q7HZtjJvOVrhkzjHs_Fuv7oA3xIUuwYhUhsavmP_K7fvdsIVKRqKHY6wgEzArPAAGAViRD0OE3SMCX3ZPAvFfa6RINoQ5qbibBicskkeWxzwSnZUkrxuityvxfvTIiBnDFyTsWKzcQm4tCVLdeERJHswc4ndwFvFYmbiQE1NWevYYEaVaQxdR58kllXhx5zK93_-7UGjxQinaZUWzxFXtIp1l-pkZILl00qmDETE6iciLB-36XznsJNPxnUJgbN5fLe9Xjg-YgIvhFP8duJqXnFOdhBt7jlybRM0A1GOE8PYZSDsBdqmQS-06f-tgBuGssnVTJNf-gSMT6ZB8zuwkOJVZuFbjMHASTeqnfG6FTkFvJR_44wZjVy7tgC-h-pKy3KKTiWp5P3I5mBqKgpDwShmZXpj-RgQ8VnTk4zlLLrr_nH4OwObkMkhO2ANFVuRSOSBgx_pWgT39EjnkhOX4tYBq3lJoxkL_4uHRdBDcjwSqtL88SD1apTCK1lPK_5Oy9B8Wr6cidR5ax50sZclkrg5IruXvzyjC6FivbzXOFJE-Bn0qpsf6vpG7r0_E=w800-h601-no

Long story in brief. In 2007, we were on a U.K. motorway, passed a MH on hard shoulder and hoped they were ok. Seconds later, car in front of us did a donut crashing into side of us - apparently she swerved to miss a wheel in middle lane that had come off Motorhome on hard shoulder. Our MH was written off and insurer settled.

Fast forward 2 or 3 years. On an aire in France and got talking to a British Motorhomer who had a Kontiki. Told him we had a Kontiki for 5 years until somebody kindly wrote it off. You guessed it, I was talking to the owner of the MH who lost his wheel, who caused the car to swerve into our Kontiki. Haven’t seen the guy since. 🤓 Wonder if he’s on here!

We met an English couple in Holland who had a Bongo.
They liked our van

Year or so later we pulled into a Sosta in Italy (next to a lovely lake) and saw a van the same as ours (rare, as not mainstream make) - and low and belhold it was the same couple!

N32BBcIq7QEuKTnlIMr8XIpzqqXkeX_SEWX3NbMvLGqohV8FRPeSz8UBczZerOKbSFzSlx6R4W9m9CKUoUIHYHBeAIYktT3Yk1UZwH_A9gZk_beMftlgKI_HvAWwmeDTu7c6UBUaLz5fh5GiZ_qoxVTtsIFjbs_aq2e0f5sMDvotyqklygNfCe2-c1hgpMa9tlPMKTpGQj9xoIDCSqYtJwL7_YqhthDF3oFpvHfg8q5zWLIN-sbGP4gALZz_IIyBAMR8TBVvR_mUBbBuiW9O0voTaWAWCzFKH3GLWEgS-VzvesSc2-5_Q15yoBwuIrYPEcNhlNMvxTTAt6Ojf0WR-5TT7JNhgJ3OWqEN8ItQGklWGWXeijrihuXDGv2-_dzF8oC3MjaG9jqjk_0GAe7FVZ54EnR23SSSVaVG8b4J6YU9bBnACDBVfWw1EHYjrotlyZi6i5fe8TaAvkB8Ogemct6R2gwbxRKVRjavQ8jVE5xKUZiaOfIvMYq_JASc2UEFHhPSzxsRVfDOMuCtR2UFaUO4qB2PYZbcUZ_KYckIFKP6oTqtYvrxcPpqxhYP24LClx4nJ__URq2wL_es3AWORHnh__glVIR_LgP9N62pyfDNffA0ELaeRqogoKvvVPaONJXOLql6NJBBhpAVtvPHHKuaFiOxBO7XMrTibNikswovVSO0FWJidKQF=w801-h601-no

A few years later we bumped into them in Spain (saw them parked on a hill as we were on the main road, so turned around). Less of a coincidence as we were going to meet them in southern Spain for a trip to Morocco. But the first meet was totally unplanned.

EtRy9Cy8-_7wW8wVFJc7Mtpsh1D2svgr1oGrvdx-h9u1IWh00zD7Q8yn7goRSwarKIlykgypQk_IPjUPUIXGIv__jYqauZt2U7DQAk5FJFO_PUZz18kIyHGTT0Q7HZtjJvOVrhkzjHs_Fuv7oA3xIUuwYhUhsavmP_K7fvdsIVKRqKHY6wgEzArPAAGAViRD0OE3SMCX3ZPAvFfa6RINoQ5qbibBicskkeWxzwSnZUkrxuityvxfvTIiBnDFyTsWKzcQm4tCVLdeERJHswc4ndwFvFYmbiQE1NWevYYEaVaQxdR58kllXhx5zK93_-7UGjxQinaZUWzxFXtIp1l-pkZILl00qmDETE6iciLB-36XznsJNPxnUJgbN5fLe9Xjg-YgIvhFP8duJqXnFOdhBt7jlybRM0A1GOE8PYZSDsBdqmQS-06f-tgBuGssnVTJNf-gSMT6ZB8zuwkOJVZuFbjMHASTeqnfG6FTkFvJR_44wZjVy7tgC-h-pKy3KKTiWp5P3I5mBqKgpDwShmZXpj-RgQ8VnTk4zlLLrr_nH4OwObkMkhO2ANFVuRSOSBgx_pWgT39EjnkhOX4tYBq3lJoxkL_4uHRdBDcjwSqtL88SD1apTCK1lPK_5Oy9B8Wr6cidR5ax50sZclkrg5IruXvzyjC6FivbzXOFJE-Bn0qpsf6vpG7r0_E=w800-h601-no
Where was the sosta please.

Ah - got another one....

We were cycle camping from north to south france, push bikes and tent. (van having a rest at home)

As we were leaving site "X" wife put suncream on. We cycled to the next site many miles away site "Y" where we were meeting friends. As we unloaded the bikes, the wife realised she didn't have her engagement and wedding rings on.... She took them off applying suncream at site X.

Cue me cycling back at v-max (no weight, so easier!). Got to site, and others had pitched vans with mats and the like, and hunted high and low for rings to no avail, and some irish lady came out and helped me look and somehow found them.

Phew

Our friends were then nearby and picked me up and took me back to the other site to a relieved wife.....

3 weeks later, our friends were in North france, washing up at a campsite washing up place, and a lady there washing up was chatting to our friends saying how she found some cyclists rings...…..

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back