What Percentage of British Have Left-Hand-Drive Motorhomes ?

Something else to check ... if we are talking about panel vans to convert, they will have a sliding door.
RHD UK vans typically have one sliding door on the nearside (left). If you order from a UK Dealer a LHD Vehicle, does it come with a slider on the Right hand side, or is it on the left still?
Generally, people want the door to open on the usual pavement side and if they are choosing a LHD vehicle as they travel around the continent mostly, they would want the door on the right.
That is maybe just as important to many as which side the steering wheel is on :)

As it happens, when I converted my VW Shuttle (sliders both side), I chose to keep the drivers slider door as the habitation entry as it was mostly jst me using the van and I liked not having to walk around the vehicle to access the rear but instead just stepping out and stepping back :)

But when you are building a van commercially, you target the largest market for your product - and that means left side door for a RHD van, and vice versa for a LHD van.
Our moho is British design but German built, RHD with hab door on right and we find that has it's advantages. I believe that certain UK campsites will only allow moho's on with LH hab door so that they can park them all just so close together! Just like some don't allow twin wheel/axle mohos on! 🤔

i learnt to drive in the army & immediately got posted to germany almost every veh rhd on the wrong side of the road i don’t find a major difference i’ve had 2 x lhd motorhomes and 1 rhd there is a little change in how you position yourself at a junction to improve vision but that’s about it i average about 10000 miles a year in the motorhome and at least 8000 miles of it abroad so for me it’s common sense to have a lhd vehicle

I have had LHD for the entire time of my MH ownership and love it. The only snag is that my wife (passenger) is in the centre of the road in this country and does not like it and I don't blame her. Given the choice again I would go for RHD but for her benefit only.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back