Wrong upholstery in my new-to-me MH

Well the end result is this: I returned to SMC where I bought my current MH becasue I saw on their web site another Chausson, same length, same year, same mileage, same automatic Transit same everything except the interior layout had a bigger washroom and smaller garage. It had the sooperdooper upholstery and was the same price that we paid for ours. How much to change? £15,000. For basically the same model, with exactly the same windscreen price as we had paid. So now you know how much profit they make - you must of course realise that they pay VAT on the cost difference between what they buy a vehicle for and what they sell it for so probably £13,000 profit. Blow that for a game of soldiers. Then I went to River Motorhomes near Stratford on avon. I found the same sooperdooper model as SMC had but one year older. How much to change? £2000 so that is what I am going for. Except that this one has an even better bed system. Imagine two single drop down beds lengthways above the lounge. Then imagine the foot end of each bed is cut away, forming a sort of Y shape. Thus each occupant can get out of bed without having to climb over the other one. The beds operate separately and come down to sofa level so there's no need for climbing a ladder. Collection end of next week. I am now looking around for hydraulic self levelling systems but I can't find a thread here for them. Anyone know if there is one?
Contact phil(admin) think he can put you in touch with tne guys that done his hymer think they're in Doncaster? Not sure. Oops this should've been in leveller link soz

Last edited:
Well the end result is this: I returned to SMC where I bought my current MH becasue I saw on their web site another Chausson, same length, same year, same mileage, same automatic Transit same everything except the interior layout had a bigger washroom and smaller garage. It had the sooperdooper upholstery and was the same price that we paid for ours. How much to change? £15,000. For basically the same model, with exactly the same windscreen price as we had paid. So now you know how much profit they make - you must of course realise that they pay VAT on the cost difference between what they buy a vehicle for and what they sell it for so probably £13,000 profit. Blow that for a game of soldiers. Then I went to River Motorhomes near Stratford on avon. I found the same sooperdooper model as SMC had but one year older. How much to change? £2000 so that is what I am going for. Except that this one has an even better bed system. Imagine two single drop down beds lengthways above the lounge. Then imagine the foot end of each bed is cut away, forming a sort of Y shape. Thus each occupant can get out of bed without having to climb over the other one. The beds operate separately and come down to sofa level so there's no need for climbing a ladder. Collection end of next week. I am now looking around for hydraulic self levelling systems but I can't find a thread here for them. Anyone know if there is one?
This Thread would maybe help.

Given what happened with the last motorhome, probably best to use it for a while to make sure this next one is right for you before dropping multiple thousands of pounds on an extra?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back