£300 in Amazon Gift Cards Winners

congratulation to all well done spend it wisely, nice to see Charity againki8kAnMkT.jpg

BHF produce lots of literature to help people prevent and deal with heart disease, here their latest BHF Heart Matters
It’s great to see such a deserving charity win a donation.

I think it is great to see the charity winning and if I am honest I would like one of the prizes to not be included in the raffle but guaranteed to go to the Months charity

I'm pretty sure with all the reward points donated by members every week, Charity is virtually guaranteed to get a prize each time anyway. People just wouldn't be inspired to earn, spend and donate their points if Phil just gives away money to a charity each month. I really like that we all get to participate in this way. I don't know about anyone else but I never 'buy' raffle tickets for me without donating some to Charity too.

I think it is great to see the charity winning and if I am honest I would like one of the prizes to not be included in the raffle but guaranteed to go to the Months charity

Thanks for the interest Terry - when we initially proposed a Charity project a lot of options were considered, your idea being one of them; but if we gave a definite amount every month, it would just be Phil giving money to a Charity. The system we are using now means that it is the members who are participating and donating and therefore having a 'say' in who wins the prizes.

To give a prize to Charity each month Phil would have to put a cash value on Reward Points, which is something he cannot do. The way it works now means that people can donate each month, or save the bulk of their points for their preferred Charity.

Charity has managed to buy over 3000 tickets every month so far and is doing very well for Marie Curie this month.
I think that knowing members are giving Reward Points to Charity, rather than buying tickets themselves, says a great deal about our community. (y)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back