12V or USB Fan

Sharon the Cat

Can anyone recommend a good one? Would a USB one be too weedy to bother with?

With the electrics in our lounge we could either have 1 x 12V or 2 x Bluetooth.

Last edited:
I have a few of the little usb 5v units, we carry one always in the van and it works well at moving the air when stopped.
WE got them at £2.50 each reduced in tesco if i remember correctly, one thing i will say is they move air but no fan will cool.

Don't buy cheap one, as we did off ebay sounds like 747 airplane take in off.

There are proper cooler units on the market but not cheap, they have a mini fridge within which does cool the aire, think ones i seen were called artic breeze and around £20 plus, many are mains only and will require an inverter which will be hard on batteries.cooling fan a.png

We have one of these in our van works a treat rechargeable runs all night on a single charge and if you stand a bottle of frozen water in front of it to cool down.
View attachment 69305l
After reading Annie's review I ordered one of these, I have hearing problems due to living with a noisy woman so a noisy fan wouldn't bother me but Maggy hears the slightest noise when sleeping, it arrived yesterday so I put it on charge and I placed it on the dressing table on her side, on the lowest setting she couldn't hear it and it blew a gentle breeze over both of us, I will use it in the car for the dog in the back as well without any fear of it draining the car battery.
Thanks Annie, I would recommend this to anyone👍😘

I have 3 one in the van and 2 in the house even on full speed they aren’t that noisy.

And the Greengrass suggestion arrived today. I'm well pleased with this one too.
The noise won't bother me and if it bothers Phill he can always sleep outside.😺

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back