12v tyre pump

This is the one that I have for my Van, it works really well and 70 PSI easy with it, it is made by RING, I think I paid about £70 for it a few years ago from E BAY but if you buy cheap you buy twice I think ? It comes in a very robust black zip bag two compartments and the stretch air hose is very robust and I can reach all 4 tyres and spare with it from my leisure batteries in the rear of my van and also the engine battery under the bonnet ,

51zl+4GNRwL._SX300_.jpg

Last edited:
hi. i also recommend the one trigger (y) has suggested as the ones for cars are not beefy enough. Cheyenne

This is the one that I have for my Van, it works really well and 70 PSI easy with it, it is made by RING, I think I paid about £70 for it a few years ago from E BAY but if you buy cheap you buy twice I think ? It comes in a very robust black zip bag two compartments and the stretch air hose is very robust and I can reach all 4 tyres and spare with it from my leisure batteries in the rear of my van and also the engine battery under the bonnet ,

View attachment 68621
Bought mine in May 2022 at £79.99 from Amazon

Steve

Just had a look on Amazon...there's loads cud you let me know the model to get for the Van, thanks 😊 .
The Ring RAC [900?], the same as Trigger's. The yellow hose is long enough to reach every wheel on a 7.5m Van. The only problem if you are using the compressor pump on your own is that the vehicle battery connection and the on/off switch is a long way from the yellow tubing, so you have to judge the last 5 seconds of inflation before running to turn off the compressor! 'The 7.5m Dash' might become an Olympic Sport ... :rolleyes:

Steve

The Ring RAC [900?], the same as Trigger's. The yellow hose is long enough to reach every wheel on a 7.5m Van. The only problem if you are using the compressor pump on your own is that the vehicle battery connection and the on/off switch is a long way from the yellow tubing, so you have to judge the last 5 seconds of inflation before running to turn off the compressor! 'The 7.5m Dash' might become an Olympic Sport ... :rolleyes:

Steve
I just unscrew of the valve Steve then switch it off .

View attachment 68621
We've got one, great for the pump up suspenders too

I just unscrew of the valve Steve then switch it off .
Yes, just disconnect at the valve when you are up to pressure. I got fed up with the screw on fitting on the Ring900 hose and bought an adapter that screws to the end of the hose. It then clips on and off the valve in an instant. It was about £3 on ebay a few years back.

When working with any pump/compressor its the CFM that counts more that pressure, most will go to 100psi.
So a pump with 2cfm will inflate twice as fast as a pump with 1cfm, i dont think many even get close to this, but do ask, its important.

Another vote for the Ring one here too...fortunately I have not had to use it in anger but it's kept in the MH just in case.

View attachment 68621
I’ve got one it’s good but minor problem…Does anyone know how to remake leaky joint between connector and pipe?

Just bought this one
Early days, but I don't think the guage is very accurate - I need to do some comparisions.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back