2.2 HDI oil leak

Brycieb

Free Member

Hi all

I have a autosleeper Inca on a 2005 Peugeot boxer platform with a 2.2 hdi engine. It's got an oil leak from what looks like a plastic breather box on the front of the engine behind the starter motor, The oil filler pipe also runs to it.

Does anyone have any ideas what it is I'm talking about or why it would be leaking oil?

Thanks

Are you sure its a 2.2 engine I had a look at mine to see if I could help and the oil tips into the top of the engine and the starters at the rear

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 24
Yeah it's the same as this engine and that's the part that's leaking. Maybe yours is newer?

Attachments

• 20210101_152341.jpg
    20210101_152341.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 23
First thing I would do is check your crankcase breather valve(or the PCV valve if yours has one, not all diesels do), clean or change that before anything else, it looks like this on the 2.2HDI cars but yours might be different depending on age of course but it will give you an idea what to look for
s-l1600.jpg
Worst-case scenario is worn rings causing blowby but unless you have done a very high mileage that will be the last thing to check

First thing I would do is check your crankcase breather valve(or the PCV valve if yours has one, not all diesels do), clean or change that before anything else, it looks like this on the 2.2HDI cars but yours might be different depending on age of course but it will give you an idea what to look for
View attachment 58109
Worst-case scenario is worn rings causing blowby but unless you have done a very high mileage that will be the last thing to check
That item is what's leaking or at least where the leak is coming from. I'll take it off and give it a clean then, is there anything I can do to check it's functioning correctly while off?

Thanks 👍

You can check all the pipes are clear as well, I am not familiar with your particular engine unfortunately but the symptoms you are having I have seen a lot of times.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back