20% discount on fuel in spain

rugbyken

the Spanish government has taken 20% of the fuel duty at the moment and cespa are knocking a further % off ie i filled today at a nominal 184.5 i only put 42 ltrs in thought i’d look for a better price when i paid they took €11:69 off a €77:93 bill making it a much friendlier €1:58 a ltr , the same applied to lpg €0:97 charge became €0:73 image.jpg

the Spanish government has taken 20% of the fuel duty at the moment and cespa are knocking a further % off ie i filled today at a nominal 184.5 i only put 42 ltrs in thought i’d look for a better price when i paid they took €11:69 off a €77:93 bill making it a much friendlier €1:58 a ltr , the same applied to lpg €0:97 charge became €0:73 View attachment 62581
Need lpg refill after 10 days, so the reduction will be most welcome. Might recoup some of the daily spend at the fereteria ... 🙄

Steve

the Spanish government has taken 20% of the fuel duty at the moment and cespa are knocking a further % off ie i filled today at a nominal 184.5 i only put 42 ltrs in thought i’d look for a better price when i paid they took €11:69 off a €77:93 bill making it a much friendlier €1:58 a ltr , the same applied to lpg €0:97 charge became €0:73 View attachment 62581
Gracias

Filled up at Repsol S/Station on the AP7 about 50 miles short of the French border. 25 cents per litre discount applied to the pump prices for both lpg and diesel, giving a total discount of €10.68 on the pump prices, or just shy of £9

Steve

Noticed a sign saying that the French gov are giving a 15c discount also. Still dearer than Spain though.....will be buying diesel tomorrow so will find out.

...and the price locally has just gone up 5p a litre!!!

Notced a sign saying that the French gov are giving a 15c discount also. Still dearer than Spain though.....will be buying diesel tomorrow so will find out.
--------------------------

French diesel prices have fallen, and the Leclerc Autoroute partnership Fuel was as low as €1.828. Other Autoroute prices were in a €1.94-€2.09 range.

We stayed on the Aurillac Carrefour Aire 2 nights ago.Diesel €1.949, better than the €2.308 we paid in the first week in March ...

Steve

• Sad
Reactions: Rec
On your way back now Steve?

On your way back now Steve?
Sadly, yes, Graham. Moved to the Aire at Valencay this morning where Intermarche and the local boulanger seem to be competing for the annual St Ignatius the Utter Incompetent Commemorative Trophy. Shame, because we have taken holidays in Valencay on about 4 occassions, and have always had a good experience
Moving on to Meung sur Loire tomorrow, one of my favourite Chateaux, having a Stables that has a portrait of the German Commandant's horse, and, from earlier times, a ledged Well where they murdererd/starved Les Oubliettes to death
Ferry Crossing Saturday 30 April at 0530, so getting visits in where we can

Steve

...... and, from earlier times, a ledged Well where they murdererd/starved Les Oubliettes to death........

Steve
I honestly never expected to read about an oubliette on a motorhome forum, even one as excellent as this. Many thanks marchie !!!

When I was a teenager I read a superb book called a 'Person from England' by the Clan Laird, Fitzroy Maclean, and it fired my imagination. He wanted to reach Bokhara in the 1930s, to visit the oubliette where Stoddard & Conolly were incarcerated and eventually executed by the Emir Nasrullah in front of The Ark in 1842. His book describes how he managed to get there.

Here's a couple of photos I took when Yvonne and I visited in 2006:

Bukhara_The Ark_Western Entrance.jpeg

This is The Ark, in front of which Stoddart & Conolly were executed.

Bukhara_The Zindan_Bugpit Cover.jpeg

This is the fenced off 'Bug Pit' in the adjacent Zinden Prison, an oubliette where Stoddard & Conolly were incarcerated, living off any insects that fell down to them.

Fitzroy McLean also wrote 'Eastern Approaches' and equally good read.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back