2005 Autosleepers Mirage 5000SE For Sale - £18,750.

clarkpeacock

After much thought, we have decided it's time to sell 'Stanley' our much loved Autosleepers Mirage 5000SE motorhome.

We have owned 'Stanley' (Stan the Van) for 9 years or so now, and he has taken us on many memorable trips around the UK and Europe, including full timing for 18 months during 2016/17. However, due to changes in work, plus the current situation, the van has covered less than 60 miles since the last MOT and service in July (currently 54692), and it really doesn't look like we will have much chance to use it for a couple of years now, so it's time for someone else to enjoy him.

Probably the best way to describe this motorhome is to direct you to the MMM review written when the model was still available new - the van described is identical to 'Stanley', except that ours is a couple of years newer, lighter colour worktops, and built on the Peugeot Boxer 2.8HDI rather than the Fiat Ducato. It can be found here https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/userfiles/file/MMM historic road tests/Mirage 5000 on LWB 2.8JTD Fiat Ducato (1).pdf

We have mostly wildcamped over the years, so made a few changes to suit. The rooftop aircon has gone and been replaced by a mini heki, making room for two additional solar panels. There are two 100AH Varta leisure batteries, 15A solar controller, and a CSB2 to trickle charge the starter battery from the solar as well. 2000W inverter with mains pass through, so most of the mains sockets are available from inverter or hook up. There is a refillable gas tank AND gas bottles, so the best of both worlds. There is also a 'Beany Box' in the side skirt for additional storage.

Overall, the van is in very good condition for it's age, and a testament to the build quality of the era compared to many of the current new vans, which seem to be built down to a cost and really rather fragile.

However, it is 15 years old, and has been used for what is what intended, so does show a few signs of age. There is some sun fading to the external graphics here and there, and there is a small hole in the front bumper where I clipped a wall in Greece - covered up with a stick on Greek flag to remind me where I did it :) The alloy wheels are a bit 'scabby' and could probably do with a refurb, but they still do the job perfectly well!

Inside really doesn't show it's age at all, except that the carpets are a bit grubby. These are removable and could easily be replaced if needed - in fact I have a big bag of offcuts from when the house was re-carpeted last year that I intended to have cut and bound, but never got round to, so these could be made available if wanted. To be picky, the drivers seat is a bit worn on the side bolster from having my portly frame in it for many thousands of miles, but it still looks OK.

The dome of the pop up vent in the shower blew off in a storm last year and has been temporarily replaced with a lid of an Ikea salad spinner with the crank handle siliconed to seal it - amazingly this was a perfect fit and clicked into place with a perfect weather seal, but obviously doesn't pop up. I have a new dome on order, but it has been delayed, apparently due to some virus that's going about! Hopefully it will arrive soon, but can be sent on to a new owner if necessary.

I have just had the Dometic blind sets replaced on both sides as they were very worn and starting to tear, so brand new and looking good - you wouldn't believe the price of these!

Attached are a few pictures taken today, plus a couple from trips around Europe. Loads more pictures and information available if needed.

Stanley is ready to go, located near Worcester, and yours for £18,750.IMG_20160505_124021.jpgIMG_20160829_175038.jpgPXL_20210116_122821432.jpgPXL_20210116_123049038.MP.jpgPXL_20210116_123105886.jpgPXL_20210116_123216619.MP.jpgPXL_20210116_123422569.jpgPXL_20210116_123556269.NIGHT.jpgPXL_20210116_123606738.NIGHT.jpgIMG_20160414_144152.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back