2017 Fiat Ducato - Recall Notices

GMJ

When I was recently investigating why my MH didn't need an MOT until May (which subsequently turned out to be that the dealer I bought it from had MOT'd it 10 months early without telling me!), the Govt website I used had an option to check for recall notices.

Upon checking it appeared that I had one outstanding so I rang my (not so) local Fiat Service Centre who have advised me that there are in fact 3 recall notices outstanding on my MH...mostly checks but one, if it failed would result in the MH being unsafe to drive!

Now I would not have known this if I had not been checking for my MOT. It is now booked in for the checks for the 16th with an option to remain with them for a few days if they need to get the parts in.

The reason for this post is to gently suggest that if you haven't checked for recalls on your base vehicle recently (or at all) then perhaps a call into your nearest Fiat (or whatever base vehicle you have) Service Centre might be a good idea. The call is free and they can update you. I am also guessing that the remedial work would be free as well as its a safety recall/issue.

Graham
smile.gif

Great reminder. I checked here: The Motor Ombudsman and found I had a recall.

It is preventative maintenance to do with the break pipes, apparently they are replacing them. Recall issued 7th November 2019.

Reactions: GMJ
The Govt site only said I had 1 recall. The Fiat Service Centre said that there were 3!!

Graham :)

I had 2 on my 2019 Ducato, I for the brake pipes not being clipped in properly, (they were ok),and 1 for a turbo pipe which could split and burn the alternator wiring.
This pipe had failed, in the return journey from the dealer I got 6mpg better consumption, so must have been losing performance.

Moving from a 2 litre petrol Talbot to a 150hp Ducati excuse me for not noticing!

I took mine in today and it has to stay in for remedial work due to the recalls. I'm glad I took it in now as we are away from 05/01 in Spain for 2 months.

Hopefully I can get it back Thursday as we need it for the weekend as Mrs GMJ is in hospital on Monday and we stay near the hospital in the moho for 2 nights. If not then we will have to get up uber early and face a long drive; then a long drive after her treatment which will not be good at all.

Fingers crossed!

Great service: I had a call yesterday at 5.00pm saying the MH was ready!

So we are off to Swansea this afternoon to collect it.

As it is such good service I'll mention the name: it's Day's Fiat Service Centre in Swansea.

Dale who works there seems like a good bloke to me.

Reactions: 2cv
Picked up and now safely ensconced on my drive. 3 recalls were for a visual check on the brake pipes; it also need a random clip on some other pipe; but the big one was a cracked heat exchange unit which has now been replaced.

Tidy!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back