3 Home Broadband

I'm with you there. I get great data coverage on ee and my wife ends up piggy backing her 3 phone which never seems to have data coverage. I'd been tempted by 3 home broadband but decided against due to this
3 won't offer me their home broadband, presumably because they reckon that the signal is not good enough. I have a Teltonika RUT955 with a Poynting aerial in the loft and get far better broadband speeds using Smarty (3 network) than I ever did with the fixed line.
Using the router with a puck aerial in the moho, I had coverage pretty much everywhere that I went in southern Scotland; the couple of very remote places where it didn't work, there was no EE signal either.

2 months on, and we’ve ditched the Smarty SIM card on 3 as it was useless everywhere.
Vodafone was immediately apparent that it worked everywhere around the house and anywhere we take it.
we bought the £10/m deal for 100Gb and it’s great value - much happier now!
Except that Vodafone has cut its roaming limit to just 25Gb and we have already run out; watching Strictly CD for 2 1/2 hours whilst on the French Riviera.

Why not just tape it at home and watch later.

I took a contract out with 3 about 3 months ago and I've found it very poor so roll on to the end or the 12 month contract it's unlimited for £16 a month and I am suppose to get 65 quid back after 6 months .

I took a contract out with 3 about 3 months ago and I've found it very poor so roll on to the end or the 12 month contract it's unlimited for £16 a month and I am suppose to get 65 quid back after 6 months .
For my home and mobile broadband, I went with Smarty, which is a 3 brand, on a rolling one-month contract, £15 per month for 100GB (50GB double data deal) and have found the service to be fine except in a very few remote locations in Scotland (in most of which my partner had no EE signal either). Unlimited would be £20 per month, which I had expected to be on by now, but they rolled over the double data deal for another year. The big advantage with Smarty is that there is no commitment if you decide in the first (or any subsequent) month that it's not for you.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back