5G wifi

Sonar

Posted here about fitting a 5G WI-FI. system very easy to fit.
I did a quick test when I fitted it and got a good signal.

Any way this is the one I bought. https://www.motorhomewifi.com/product/5g-now-compact-pro/

So as I said easy to fit . Picked up the Moho from storage today to do a few more bits .

Thought while here I would test the Broardband speed. Expecting just enough to watch the smart tv.

Any tested.

The first image is my house Broardband by virgin. £50 plus a month.

The second and third images are the speed of the Wi-Fi fitted to the Moho out the side of out house.

Take a look ..

That now makes my think about another one for home and with just one sim I should be able to unplug the portable bit and just plug it into the moho

Why. ? Well one SIM card at £25 a month I will not need an additional sim for the Moho.

IMG_2666.jpegIMG_2679.jpegIMG_2677.jpeg

Why buy a second router? I started off with a single Teltonika RUT955 that I switched between house (230V) and motorhome (12V) until I started using smart devices in the house and needed an operational router there when I was away.

I was considering the complete 5G Wi-Fi system the same as the Moho.
There is a base that you have to have that is fixed to whatever.

But the front has its own battery and works like a mobile Wi-Fi but not as good signal and has connections for power and the aerial wires
Is attached to the home base if you like with a magnetic back.

Wi-Fi outside does pick up the two bases one fixed the other portable but work so much better when connected.

So as a set up you will have two of the removable parts …

The Wi-Fi I have in the van is the very same I may use at home as well.

it has a fixed base with a detachable Wi-Fi unit. That the bit that the SIM card fits into.
as it’s removable I could load the sim and use at home and when we go away remove it from the home base unit and put it into the Moho.

thus using only one card I guess that’s getting full use from a card.

the detachable part is in its self a portable router unattached the signal is not as good but can be taken anywhere and it will still act as a router..

makes sense to me ……

going by the charges for the direct debit now in less than two years the whole system would have paid for its self fully and that’s both systems .
when you work out the monthly cost of the internet and the SIM cards ..

Any way this is the one I bought. https://www.motorhomewifi.com/product/5g-now-compact-pro/

So as I said easy to fit . Picked up the Moho from storage today to do a few more bits .

Thought while here I would test the Broardband speed. Expecting just enough to watch the smart tv.

Any tested.

The second and third images are the speed of the Wi-Fi fitted to the Moho out the side of out house.

Take a look ..

That now makes my think about another one for home and with just one sim I should be able to unplug the portable bit and just plug it into the moho

Why. ? Well one SIM card at £25 a month I will not need an additional sim for the Moho.

View attachment 72019View attachment 72020View attachment 72021

Any tested.

Take a look ..

I see people spending hundreds of pounds on equipment plus data contracts. If it works at home then why not in a van so I went with 3 mobile a year ago. For £20 months unlimited data Inc router. I already had a cheap arial on the roof that I had been using my mobile dongle for years so upgraded to 5g.

Screenshot_2024-04-01-10-04-57-660_com.brave.browser.jpg

I am one of the spenders. Near on £700 for a Moho system.
But now considering the same for my home.

I see people spending hundreds of pounds on equipment plus data contracts. If it works at home then why not in a van so I went with 3 mobile a year ago. For £20 months unlimited data Inc router. I already had a cheap arial on the roof that I had been using my mobile dongle for years so upgraded to 5g.

View attachment 72087
I hope this is not too late but you have to pay extra to use Three mobile abroad, if this is on Three.

I hope this is not too late but you have to pay extra to use Three mobile abroad, if this is on Three.
It is at the moment until the contract runs out then I am going to change to Smarty 100g for £17 which should do me.

Smarty is only 12gb roaming abroad I have 100gb but no good when I am in France 12gb only

• Thank You
Reactions: Lee
The 5g coverage for Smarty in the uk is not good according to there Smarty coverage pages

View attachment 72087
If you look at the back of your unit your see a little flap with a lift up lid
Under the lid are two small Ariel connectors The are the aerial connectors that are used on the 5G now Wi-Fi system.
The difference between the two is they both do the same
Yours however works on mains electric

Mine has a removable router fitted aerial and runs on 12 volts And both I understand made by the same company ZTE

I will use the same system as my van as the removable router fixes to the home base either at home of the van using the same sim.

An areal the fits in the back of the three unit is here

Any tested.

Take a look ..

We don't have good broadband at home so I use a mobile SIM in a router with an aerial which gives a good enough signal for streaming. We then take the SIM away with us in a Huawei mifi which seems to get adequate signals particularly abroad where mobile signals seem so much better than the UK. We are currently in Spain using an RWG SIM.

I will be doing similar myself with a 5G system as lucky for us as a pit village on the north east coast we have 5G

Back