A fairer deal for disabled people of pension age

High time we went back to gold and barter
You'd expect me to disagree, Neil! UK left the Gold Standard in 1925 because it was too restrictive to remain competitive in a world where the expanding modern economies needed access to more capital than was available. So we went to fiduciary issues of banknotes [or fractional reserve banking], meaning that it was no longer possible to exchange banknotes for gold, because the value of banknotes settled around 1o times the value of the underpinning assets. In 1971, when UK inflation threatened to damage the economy, the Bank of England issued Qualitative Guidance [on the purposes for loans and overdrafts could be provided [Cars were hit hard, requiring a 20% Borrower deposit]under Competition & Credit Control, requiring Banks to deposit additional Assets, thereby reducing the ratio of lending to banknotes from 10:1 to 8:1. The ratio returned to 10:1 around 1974 IIRC, and stayed at that level until the Control mechanism was abolished around 1986, just ahead of the 'Big Bang'.

In just about every financial crisis [around 10 years in modern era, post 1929, the science of economics has evolved to cope with the recovery and more and more exotic financial instruments and mechanisms have been invented. Part of the Cost of Living Crisis is fuelled by the need to shrink the UK economy to a size that the available working population can support, by hiking interest rates to choke demand for goods and services now that the pool of EU workers has dried up. Unfortunately, the UK Government is working at odds with this aim, promoting/promising economic growth, which is self defeating!

Steve

Unfortunately Steve they are putting necessities out of reach of a lot of people, I don't think we have had anyone actually governing us for a while, more control I think but my views have changed drastically in the last few years so I will stop at that :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back