A member needs our help

Do we have any update about how Frank and Jo are getting on?
Did they find suitable accommodation and is the van back yet?
I thought the final collection amount was pretty impressive!

UPDATE

I have just phoned Frank & Jo to get an update...

Whilst the vehicle was in transit, four illegal immigrants broke into the van by smashing the rear window and climbing up on the bumper. The bumper has been smashed, as well as the window. They did damage inside the van as well as pulling the sink off the wall in the bathroom and vomiting in there. Frank managed to get another gearbox, which was reconditioned while waiting for the van to return. The van was delivered to a local garage, which installed the gearbox. The van was returned to Frank this afternoon, and he now needs to repair the damage done to it.

Frank and Jo want me to pass on their heartfelt thanks to all those people who helped them out in this extremely stressful time. Without your help, they would not have been able to get through this nightmare.

How awful, they see the light at the end of the tunnel, then more doom and gloom caused by vandals. At least they are home and internal stuff will be an easier fix ( I think?) than their mechanical issue.

It never rains……
Glad they’ve got the van back, but how sad that illegal immigrants discovered that the van was heading for England. It’s a shame that it wasn’t being repaired in Spain.
Good luck Frank and Jo with repairing the damage caused by these mindless morons.
Glad we could all help👍

Hopefully the damage will be covered by insurance?

I used to work for a German yogurt maker. On occasion their containers were broken into on the crossing, and the whole load (20+ pallets) had to be scrapped each time because of what the dirty scum bags may have done to/on them - better to be safe than sorry.

I have no wish to cause additional distress, but if that was my van I'd want all the cushions and mattresses replacing before I stayed in it again.

Don't know what to say regarding all the events from scumbag damage as if it could not have got any worse for this cracking couple.Hope this will be sorted and they're back in amongst us all quickly
Well done also to the forum members who helped to speed up the repair

Unfortunately the 4 men that broke into Frank and Joanne’s home on wheels also trampled all over Max and Millie The Bears that I made for them. Leaving them filthy, So I have taken them away and they are having a spa day 😂. ( Yes I know I have too much time on my hands 😂 ).
Jeanette

IMG_3988.jpegIMG_3986.jpegIMG_3985.jpeg

Last edited:
All the cushions, seats and walls have been washed and they are working their way through the repairs. Frank and Joanne are very grateful to all the support they have received without which they may well have just given up on vanlife.
Frank is working on a video to update everyone on what happened and the progress.
The breakdown company are not going to pay for the damage so they will have to make an insurance claim 🙄

Unfortunately the 4 men that broke into Frank and Joanne’s home on wheels also trampled all over Max and Millie The Bears that I made for them. Leaving them filthy, So I have taken them away and they are having a spa day 😂. ( Yes I know I have too much time on my hands 😂 ).
Jeanette
The teddy bears have to keep clean.So sorry tae hear of the s h t pot entruders.

. . . and what about the port authorities not inspecting inside the camper? . . . . By the time it got to the customs bit of the port it would have had the smashed windows and broken bumper. The inspectors should have suspected the inside of a broken-into motorhome, even more than they would a running one.

The teddy bears have to keep clean.So sorry tae hear of the s h t pot entruders.
Thank you. Yes they will be returned to them clean and fresh, and well rested after their spa day 😂
Doesn't the breakdown company have a duty of care to deliver the vehicle in the same condition as it was collected?
I would have thought so !
They were awful from the start, kept saying they would be there and then not turning up. Took 3 days to get to them. Told them they would be taking them to a garage to have it looked at and then took them to a transit yard and basically said to them so how are you getting back to the UK. The whole experience was a nightmare !

. . . and what about the port authorities not inspecting inside the camper? . . . . By the time it got to the customs bit of the port it would have had the smashed windows and broken bumper. The inspectors should have suspected the inside of a broken-into motorhome, even more than they would a running one.
It happened well before it got to the port apparantly

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back