A New Radiator

Norman Waddington

I have had a minor radiator leak for a couple of years, that has become worse requiring occasional to ups. My go to garage says the radiator needs replacing, but at the moment can't give me an estimate, but it is booked in and they will give me an estimate before they work on it.

I realise this might be costly, but is there anyone with experience who might hazard a guess?

The vehicle is a 2015 Peugeot Boxer.

There in a company in lowford Southampton that takes them and repairs as new used them a few times that’s if you live in the south east
Less than half the price of a new one

Most rads can be repaired or re-cored, no need to buy a new one, some on an exchange basis in larger cities, not sure about ally ones, not sure what they are on Fiats TBH.

Just remember whatever price you see online is unlikely to be close to what the quote will be. There is the labour removing, disposing and replacing the radiator then the cost of new antifreeze, (hopefully) and possibly flushing as well.

The disposal will be to a recycling company, ally/brass and steel usually

The disposal will be to a recycling company, ally/brass and steel usually
It will but they may need to add a charge these days through environmental acts. Not sure as I haven’t had a radiator done since the dark ages but a lot of stuff carry’s a recycling charge I suspect whether or not you can actually make a Bob on it.

Any company repairing radiators will put it all in a skip & be paid for the scrap.

We had a Serck down here Sam don't know if it's still going they made a front rad fir my hillman imp about 1973 lolol
They're still in gates head and. Paisley but appear to be more into industrial coolings now they are worldwide I used to use them in leith Edinburgh
Long time ago nooooo

Back