A New Radiator

When I had mine done afew years ago the guy who did it told me to be aware of cheap ones on the net as some of them are inferior quality.

I have had a minor radiator leak for a couple of years, that has become worse requiring occasional to ups. My go to garage says the radiator needs replacing, but at the moment can't give me an estimate, but it is booked in and they will give me an estimate before they work on it.

I realise this might be costly, but is there anyone with experience who might hazard a guess?

The vehicle is a 2015 Peugeot Boxer.
I had on fitted in Fusseta Portugal at the beach squat by a local man it cost me 80 euros total and a bottle of whisky few years ago though Hymer 2.8 jtd. Had folks of all nationalities stood round giving advice and lots of beer was drunk hee hee happy days

Back in the 60s I had a 1938 Rover 10. I got a rad leak and could not get one anywhere. I was told to try radweld and stuck a small tin in the radiator. In the same old car frost froze the water and did not push the core plug out. Can't remember any antifreeze in them days. Had to drain it and fill it when not using it. It cracked the block. That was harder to repair. But stuffing it with rags then warming it up we tipped wonderweld in the radiator left it pumping round till leaks stopped. Never had another leak after that. I think Radweld and Wonderweld are made by the same company but don't know if still in production. Good luck with whatever you do.
.... Tom ....

Back