A place to visit!

Kalleiviken

IMG_2222.JPGIMG_2228.JPGIf you are traveling in southern Sweden towards the east coast, I recommend a visit to Tosteberga marina. Cost £ 15 / night including electricity. Service toilet, shower, latrine emptying and kitchen. If you are lucky you can see seals and eagles. The place is always clean and the people who take care of the area are helpful and nice.

Screenshot_20210215-101218-01.jpeg

IMG_2226.JPG

Interesting. The E45 is a beautiful road through a lot of wilderness. You have to be careful with reindeer on the road and watch out. For trip two, I would like to suggest the E22 along the coast with a detour to southern Öland (northern Öland a lot of tourists) St Anna's archipelago is also worth a visit. If you want to "do Stockholm", you can stay on Långholmen (an old prison) or Tantolunden two parking spaces in the center of the city. Another more beautiful proposal is Klubbensborg camping and hostel outside the city on Lake Mälaren. In northern Sweden you will find beautiful places to stay overnight, everywhere. You already know that.
Hope for vaccine and good weather.
Kalle

Interesting. The E45 is a beautiful road through a lot of wilderness. You have to be careful with reindeer on the road and watch out. For trip two, I would like to suggest the E22 along the coast with a detour to southern Öland (northern Öland a lot of tourists) St Anna's archipelago is also worth a visit. If you want to "do Stockholm", you can stay on Långholmen (an old prison) or Tantolunden two parking spaces in the center of the city. Another more beautiful proposal is Klubbensborg camping and hostel outside the city on Lake Mälaren. In northern Sweden you will find beautiful places to stay overnight, everywhere. You already know that.
Kalle
Hello Kalle
Thanks for your reply and further info especially re Stockholm

View attachment 58437View attachment 58438If you are traveling in southern Sweden towards the east coast, I recommend a visit to Tosteberga marina. Cost £ 15 / night including electricity. Service toilet, shower, latrine emptying and kitchen. If you are lucky you can see seals and eagles. The place is always clean and the people who take care of the area are helpful and nice.

View attachment 58435

View attachment 58436
Can you hire a boat or get a ride in the marina?

No, I have not seen boat rentals, but if you get in touch with the locals, you can probably go out and fish with them. Jan, responsible for the Marina is very friendly and helpful. I do not know how well he speaks English but there is always someone who can help. Are you considering a visit after covid?

Kalle
We are hoping eventually to tour sweden not this year but hope maybe next ,may get in touch with you for advice if you do not mind,my cousins wife ulva is from Sweden but not camping oriented

Last edited:
No, I have not seen boat rentals, but if you get in touch with the locals, you can probably go out and fish with them. Jan, responsible for the Marina is very friendly and helpful. I do not know how well he speaks English but there is always someone who can help. Are you considering a visit after covid?
Do you think he speaks German? Mine's quite fluent!
Yeah, I used to travel to Uppsala and Stockholm on business in the 90s and if we can travel freely in the summer it's a possibility!

No, I don't think he speaks German. Most Swedes have learned German in school, but we get few opportunities to practice the language. He probably speaks English and we have all practiced that because movies and TV programs have the original sound and a Swedish text. We all hope that we can travel this summer and meet our children and grandchildren. The government promises that those who want to be vaccinated will be vaccinated by the end of June. But it's slow, right now I'm looking for the vaccination queue. I can't see it.

Thank you for your info/message Kalleiviken appreciated your time time and trouble to send me all that info
A link 4U

Every spring, birdwatchers get together at Ottenby lighthouse to watch birds. There is also a bird station where they ring birds. Sometimes it's more fun to watch birdwatchers than to watch the birds. Sweden's highest lighthouse is located here. The lighthouse is unmanned nowadays.Sommar 04 003-1.jpgSommar 04 026.jpgIMG_1434-01.jpeg

I've got to do this. Let's hope 2022 opens up for us. Kallieviken, you've got me thinking. Thank you so much. TACK!
As things stand, I've two ferry bookings open to me, a Newhaven return with DFDS. I'll use that for a brief Normandy trip. If Eurotunnel let me carry a single booking over into next year, I'll use that for Sweden.

Tack = Blame google translate if a mistake :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back