A rainy day trip.

Sonar

A trip to Lancaster last year.
The dogs were looking out of the window at the rain the white and black dog Patch.. had a really sad look that’s what I think made the entire picture .

IMG_0213.jpeg

My Molly would be sat there saying “oh dear it’s raining outside, let’s get out there quick and run around anyway”

Neither of mine like the rain at all not too keen on high winds either ..

Isn't it strange, when you are simply a passer by, all you see is a dog.

When you are a dog owner, you see exactly what a dog is thinking.
We know the names of all the dogs we see regularly on our walks. We even know a few names of some of the owners. :)

We also always stop and fuss a new puppy that we meet. We never do that when we see a baby or tot in a pushchair. We must be odd. :giggle:

You are not odd Jim. That's a mirror image of us, and exactly what we do too.

We also know all the dog's names, but not always the owners. A walker with a dog is considered safe, and a way of making new friends.

Unfortunately the white and black dog Patch is a rescue dog I won’t go into details but here he is .
He does not like other dogs and barks at the sight of another dog.
Now 8 years old he is not much better hence that sort of restricts where we can go.

The other one was also a rescue job as a 6 week old puppy .
She has a single claw on the out side of both front paws that sticks up a bit and a twist of hair on her side that goes in different directions
And a floppy rear Jew claw.

So the owners said she was not good enough for them so we got her that way.

A really great little over friendly and extremely active dog .Penny is her name.
We have only ever had rescue dogs of all breeds and ages. And loved every one of them.
Yes they all have different characters .
Due to our ages these will unfortunately be the last dogs we will be have to look after .
In the meanwhile we’re enjoying every second we have with them.

Patch seems fine with your other dog and although Terrier types can be yappy he could be the same with other dogs. We have taken on rescues with extreme bad behaviour (fear aggression etc.) and normalised their behaviour. It does take time but the effort is well worth it.

He is 8 now and still reluctant to eat his food out of a bowl and only the last two years since he has started to let us pet him.
The other one came to us 8 months ago and since then he has started to enjoy a bit of a cuddle along with her .

here is another rather funny image of Patch when we fist saw him
this was a tiny garden ornament bench.

3319BD64-C32F-4249-B085-8826AE3FAD82_1_105_c.jpeg087536D7-39F5-4D7D-83FD-0BC6A8753CF1_1_105_c.jpeg

Yes it looks a close match .

Back