A vets name worth keeping

Millie Master

I am on several sites and I copy below a message that has just been put up by a regular contributor on the Facebook "Motorhome, Caravan and Camping with Dogs" group site and I believe she now has French passports for her dogs: -

Just used this vet for our return wormer. AHC and new passports completed €45 for our 2 dogs.
They offer a 3 year rabies here too.
SW of Chateauroux1.jpg

I am on several sites and I copy below a message that has just been put up by a regular contributor on the Facebook "Motorhome, Caravan and Camping with Dogs" group site and I believe she now has French passports for her dogs: -

Just used this vet for our return wormer. AHC and new passports completed €45 for our 2 dogs.
SW of Chateauroux
Sounds good ? Not sure how an AHC issued in France would work

I am on several sites and I copy below a message that has just been put up by a regular contributor on the Facebook "Motorhome, Caravan and Camping with Dogs" group site
SWMBO is interested in joining this group but can't find it. Do you have the name right?

SW of ChateaurouxView attachment 60958
Presumably they completed the worming treatment in the AHC to get back to U.K. if there was an issue with the passport, not issuing a new one. If you are in EU for more than 4 months then you need a new AHC issuing of course.

I am on another FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/361...cently_seen&multi_permalinks=4325693857499039 that is very helpful. They seem to have solved the problem by going on a day trip to get an EU passport. Belgium seems to be favourite at the moment.

One thing, on the dog food front, that I have thought of is to buy your dog's usual food from your vet (most will order it in for you) because you would then have a vet's receipt for the food to show to the customs official. Another option is buy a fish based food and wean your dog onto it before you go. Might be worth reading the ingredient list, though, because often there is some meat in a fish based food. In other words it might be fish flavoured rather than be pure fish.

One thing, on the dog food front, that I have thought of is to buy your dog's usual food from your vet (most will order it in for you) because you would then have a vet's receipt for the food to show to the customs official. Another option is buy a fish based food and wean your dog onto it before you go. Might be worth reading the ingredient list, though, because often there is some meat in a fish based food. In other words it might be fish flavoured rather than be pure fish
I have posted previously on the WC forum that our dogs' staple food is Yora, a dry kibble based on grub protein, so it's neither fish nor meat. I wonder how I would explain that subtlety to a bored French customs official. Although the food is made in UK, the irony is that the grubs are bred in Belgium.
(BTW it's good stuff. The dogs love it and have boundless energy)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back