ACSI Discount card Switzerland mainly

jagmanx

I appreciate that the off-peak times are not universal
However near Interlaken a site offers ...
ACSI Card
ACSI Card special offer EURO 19 each night from 1st of May until 30th June and from 17th of August until 30th September. The price includes:
  • 2 people with caravan, camper or tent
  • electricity
  • shower
so £17 or so...Looks good value
So my questions are

1 How reliably is the discount actually given ?

2 Typical Swiss pricing is 30 to 40 CHF . So what level of discount might I get 10% is worth having but I would hope for nearer 20%

We found all the sites in France ended up more than the ACSI book price but less than just turning up or pre-booking on their respective websites.

Thanks to ***** (Yes good to keep a log) & Wooie..Yes I am aware that you usually pay "itemised" for
1 Vehicle
2 Adults
3 Tourist tax for no 2
4 Rubbish bag
We do not normally need EHU and we have our own good shower.
I am pleased to have the price in my first post which is for 2019 ACSI out of Season.
There seem to be sufficient wild / cheap overnights to go on a 60%camps 40% wild basis overall and so will think of an average price being about £15 a night but expecting it to be nearer £20 and note the comment about ACSI not always available..Will check each time and if they say n/a will move on and inform ASCSI.....I do not usually worry about such items but as we know without ACSI you can pay over 40euros (and more)
Brig looks a bargain !

Thanks and yes
33 is OK
There is a similar tunnel/train from Kandersteg to the Rhone valley Goppenstein or Brig

Yes
I very much doubt you will get the prices as low as you expect.
As an example at Brig we paid €21.70 in 2014 and the price is now showing in the 2019 book, only €20
same for Egnach, we paid `€25 and now for 2019 showing €20
I very much doubt prices have gone down and I am pretty sure that in 2014 when we last visited Swiss, the prices were showing well below the €20, probably around €16/€17
I would guess, you will end up paying around the €25. Maybe someone with more recent experience will come along and give updated prices!
£25 or so..My average price is based on wilding 1/3 to 1/2 the time

Thanks EJB.
Can you give me an average price or highs and lows
and/or any recommendations for specific sites.

Thanks

I appreciate that the off-peak times are not universal
However near Interlaken a site offers ...
ACSI Card
ACSI Card special offer EURO 19 each night from 1st of May until 30th June and from 17th of August until 30th September. The price includes:
  • 2 people with caravan, camper or tent
  • electricity
  • shower
so £17 or so...Looks good value
So my questions are

1 How reliably is the discount actually given ?

2 Typical Swiss pricing is 30 to 40 CHF . So what level of discount might I get 10% is worth having but I would hope for nearer 20%
We stayed at Camping Rutti in Stechelberg last spring on the ACSI card at 19 Euros. I think we paid 26 Swiss francs per night. Incidentally we had a great time. We went for 4 nights and stayed for 9!

We stayed at Camping Rutti in Stechelberg last spring on the ACSI card at 19 Euros. I think we paid 26 Swiss francs per night. Incidentally we had a great time. We went for 4 nights and stayed for 9!
Yes Thanks
That is the one I have quoted..Thanks

Yes Thanks
That is the one I have quoted..Thanks

We rarely use campsites and never the "fully featured" ones swimming pools etc.
Last summer (France Italy Austria Germany Belgium France) our profile was...
  • free wild spots maybe 20%
  • free/lowcost aires/stellplatz 60% ( less than £10)
  • Simple small campsites 15% (£10 to £20)
  • More expensive campsites 5% (Over £20)

In some areas of Switzerland aires/stellplatz are limited/non-existent so a cheap campsite is needed
EG Interlaken / Lauterbrunnen and Ruetti camping at Stechelberg.

With the help of the various responses together with the use of CamperContact (mainly) and Camping Car infos I have satisfied myself that we can aim for the above profile.

Thanks to all for your responses more info welcome..

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back