Adblue

Nick-Mandy

Anyone who owns a new or newish camper, will have a Euro 6 engine and this requires Adblue.
Adblue is widely available in bottles but this is expensive.
Adblue at the pumps is half the price but only available to HGV and Coaches.
There are a few apps out there, but haven't found one that has reliable and up to date information.
Those of you who experience the same issue, what app or website do you use to refill?

I've used the AdBlue pumps at service stations etc, some you have to go and drop your credit/debit card of at the till first before they'll turn tap on.
Can't remember cost per litre.

Sometimes I'll pick up a couple of 10 litre containers when at a Screwfix to Toolstation, although sometimes I'm lucky enough not to have to visit either of those places for months. Easy enough to get from Euro Car Part, sometimes I'll get 4 x 10 litres delivered if they have it on a deal, think they are all around £10/11 for 10 litres, and strangely enough Mercedes main dealers sometimes have it at around £8 for 10 litres.

Never used the app, so can't help with that.
Only once bought it in less than 10 litre though. It's like double price in small bottles.

For me it's good news that not all newish campers require Adblue. We've a 2018 Euro6 Fiat Ducato and at that time they achieved the requirements without it, although I think that I've read Fiat have now introduced it. If it's changed every 5-10,000 miles, it's possibly less often than windscreen washer fluid.

So I'm no use at all regarding costs, Nick. :oops: :ROFLMAO:

£5.99 for 5 L at Costco today which is OK but expensive to buy 2x. £9.99 for 10 L at Screwfix.
I understand my Renault Master will nag me when it eventually needs a top up of 10 L.

For me it's good news that not all newish campers require Adblue. We've a 2018 Euro6 Fiat Ducato and at that time they achieved the requirements without it, although I think that I've read Fiat have now introduced it. If it's changed every 5-10,000 miles, it's possibly less often than windscreen washer fluid.

Yes, latest Fiat Ducati’s use it. And they are exceedingly thirsty! They’ll guzzle 5L in 650 miles...confirmed by Fiat...grrr!

Just wee in the tank, that'll do the trick :eek: 🍷

Worth noting, and If Mercedes literature is to be believed, you shouldn't used containers which have already been opened, apparently fluid is compromised once exposed to air. Thats never bothered me as I always use the whole 10 litres when tank is just below half full.

No idea if Mercedes should be believed though😂

Its a consumable.

Anyone who owns a new or newish camper, will have a Euro 6 engine and this requires Adblue.
Adblue is widely available in bottles but this is expensive.
Adblue at the pumps is half the price but only available to HGV and Coaches.
There are a few apps out there, but haven't found one that has reliable and up to date information.
Those of you who experience the same issue, what app or website do you use to refill?
Ad blue at the pump is available to anyone who wants it in my experience or maybe I've just been lucky. Drive up fill up pay up. (sometimes pay first)
About 80p/l .
My renault does around 5K on a 20l tankfull so not often a problem.

Our Citroen relay asks for top-up after 3000 miles, gently at first then gets insistent when level gets lower. If too low the engine cuts out and can't go till it has been topped up. Had trouble finding adblue in Spain at first ( except in containers which didn't have the right adapter!) Since then it's not been an issue, but we keep a pourer from container so that we always can use any type abroad. Can't remember prices as only filled a couple of times from pump ( except it was cheap!) and about £10-12 for 10litres container in Uk garage.

Yes, latest Fiat Ducati’s use it. And they are exceedingly thirsty! They’ll guzzle 5L in 650 miles...confirmed by Fiat...grrr!
Really - where did that come from?
We've a 160ps Euro 6d ducato with ad blue - but only done around 500 miles so far lol (DIY conversion). But will be doing long trips so would want to be prepared.
no idea how big the tank is - not seen any messages or whatever yet.

Just worked out mine is doing about 1650 miles to 14 litres, about 550 miles per 5 litres.
That's £3.50 at the pump for 5 litres

I have a pug 2lt 160bh 2017 reg we normally stick to 55mph and have only used 20lt from new and have 11590 on clock as a retired class 1 Hgv used adblue for years higher speeds seem to use more retired so I am in no hurry
Stay safe folks

From my experience the 2019 lorry uses more in lower gears at slower speeds, traffic jams start stop or ha ha, in towns.
But how dose it know?
when loaded over time, clear roads are best your get! gear 12 and running v little used.
55 to 75 ltr adblue to 350ltr ish derv every 2/3days
If it Costs more than £1ltr exspencive

If you run out while driving get to destination befor you turn engine off some vehicles will not start if empty adblue tank.
It will work / drive on empty 100 miles or more untill you turn engine off then it wont start...

AdBlue consumption is directly linked to fuel consumption, drive hard, you'll use more.

I think Mercedes, for the Sprinter quote AdBlue consumption is approx 5% of fuel used.

I have a pug 2lt 160bh 2017 reg we normally stick to 55mph and have only used 20lt from new and have 11590 on clock as a retired class 1 Hgv used adblue for years higher speeds seem to use more retired so I am in no hurry
Stay safe folks

Are you sure it hasn't just run dry and the system runs on empty

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back