Adria Twin - shower hose replacement

UFO

I would like to replace the shower hose. The current one is coming apart and it would also be good to fit a longer hose.

It appears that neither end, the end with the nut goes on the tap, will fit through the feed-through. Reaching under the sink I can feel that the feed-through has a nut on it, but this is pretty inaccessible. Before I start taking things apart that may be difficult to get back together has anyone experience of this job?

thanks

IMG_20190314_170547.jpg

Does the upper joint in your photo come apart, If it did would it then go back thru

• Thank You
Reactions: UFO
I would like to replace the shower hose. The current one is coming apart and it would also be good to fit a longer hose.

It appears that neither end, the end with the nut goes on the tap, will fit through the feed-through. Reaching under the sink I can feel that the feed-through has a nut on it, but this is pretty inaccessible. Before I start taking things apart that may be difficult to get back together has anyone experience of this job?

thanks

View attachment 43610
It’s like the tentacles in war of the worlds

I think you will find the upstand unscrews from the sink then the new pipe comes with that already fitted before theycrimp fit the shower pipe ends

• Thank You
Does the upper joint in your photo come apart, If it did would it then go back thru
No, unfortunately, the spanner flat is for tigtening the hose onto the shower head, which is found on some but not all shower hoses.

I think you will find the upstand unscrews from the sink then the new pipe comes with that already fitted before theycrimp fit the shower pipe ends
I think you are correct. I won't bother trying to get a repalacment part from Adria as from past experience life is too short to deal with them!

Perhaps then if you have to undo the fitting to remove hose you will be able to saw it in half to remove the hose an replace with a new hose glueing it back together before refitting . Have a look on line for a hose with that fitting in it I couldn't find one

• Thank You
Have you still not repaired that. Got to be over twelve months ago. Lol.
Bye the way, I also fell out with a Motorhome repair person in the Northampton area. Didn’t want to do any work for me. Did it myself and saved £800 . Happy as Larry.

Perhaps then if you have to undo the fitting to remove hose you will be able to saw it in half to remove the hose an replace with a new hose glueing it back together before refitting . Have a look on line for a hose with that fitting in it I couldn't find one
Good idea. I could make a solid join as this can be hidden under the sink. I have taped up the hose for now. I also had a look for shower hoses with end fittings than can be removed, but could not find any.

Have you still not repaired that. Got to be over twelve months ago. Lol.

Yes, the 'temporary' fix (a modified shoe horn) worked well, for many years, and we got used to it. The plastic shoe horn recently snapped. Now have a proper shower head that I found in the garage, and a solution for the unravelling hose - thanks to witzend.

Glad to hear that. I’m still loving my Adria. Tbh, I think it’s the best thing I’ve ever bought.
You’re not using our favourite Northampton M/H fitter then? Sorry I must stop putting that on here.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back