Air-con.

runnach

I am retiring Jan 2023 and the plan is to hit the road and Europe/Morocco with our current N&B Arto. With the current heatwave in Europe and UK, this heat is a learning curve, attached pic is tonight temp and French time.

What air-con units are worth looking at and do what it says on the tin, a unit not too large, as our MH roof is rather busy. Cheers 🍻
PS, all windows open, awning out on the sun hit side, which only door side, roof vents open with thermal screens closed.

EBC661CF-17D7-4CB3-A129-F3298BC4BE47.jpeg

Last edited:
I am retiring Jan 2023 and the plan is to hit the road and Europe/Morocco with our current N&B Arto. With the current heatwave in Europe and UK, this heat is a learning curve, attached pic is tonight temp and French time. What air-con units are worth looking at and do what it says on the tin, a unit not too large, as our MH roof is rather busy. Cheers 🍻 PS, all windows open, awning out on the sun hit side, which only door side, roof vents open with thermal screens closed.
do the wi dates nae open like eh

You can do air conditioning via batteries and inverter but it’s expensive, go to YouTube and look at roaming Radford video and look at the set up required to run air con. Anything is possible but you do have to pay.

Come to the conclusion air-con option is a no no for our MH. I don’t have. 400x400mm spare roof light.
Some really good ideas out there though, best I came across so far is a vehicle fan where the maker added variable speed control. 12 volt of course, which I could run using Jackery. I’ll have my tech root one out from motor vehicle dept, a project for my return.

I also noticed Aldi at Chateraultt selling 240 portable units for the home, another option @ €200, although the unit did appear heavy.

What about 'the latent heat of evaporation'....he writes, whilst sitting here in van with wet flannel on head....int. temp thirty one degrees....all curtains deployed...door open on shaded side...reminds me of 76....Alec

What about 'the latent heat of evaporation'....he writes, whilst sitting here in van with wet flannel on head....int. temp thirty one degrees....all curtains deployed...door open on shaded side...reminds me of 76....Alec
Aye 1976, share a bath and soap developed so you could wash yourself in the sea.

Brutal temps and pic taken a few minute ago, in the house it is 30c, so far.

BC8528C0-0804-48F7-AEB5-A3A176272024.jpeg

23c in the home and 29.5c in the van with doors and roof vents open, no way am I going out in it today.:eek:

We have had the drying laundry strung across the awning all morning, giving us clean bedding, higher moisture content, and more shade against the 34 or 35 degree temperatures. Just pegged a winter blanket (!) over the awning side to provide partial shade and an increased footprint of shadow from the sun. Downrated from 'too bloody hot' to 'that's cooler' ...

Steve

Aye 1976, share a bath and soap developed so you could wash yourself in the sea.

Brutal temps and pic taken a few minute ago, in the house it is 30c, so far.

View attachment 63508
This might be the answer if you are limited on roof space

Certainly a much different setup and another option when roof space is an issue. Lots of info, too.
Thanks for posting link 👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back