All the Aires or Camperstop: which book?

GMJ

I know we are in the era of phone apps but I want to update my physical book. I currently have a 2016 edition of Camperstop.

Which, if any, of the books do you have?

Which would you recommend?

As I say, I have no interest in apps thanks.

Thanks

I know we are in the era of phone apps but I want to update my physical book. I currently have a 2016 edition of Camperstop.

Thanks
Appreciate what you say about apps but the camperstop app is crap imo .
This may reflect what's in the book
I do use a few apps but still refer to All the Aires book

I prefer paper myself, and rarely plan ahead. In no particular order:

Bord Atlas, Agree Di Sosta, Le Guide Official Camping Caravanning, BVCD Campsites and Motorhome sites in Germany, ADAC Stellplatz Fuhrer, and Mk1 Eyeball.

I've used the last one hugely, as a surprise can be great fun........Sometimes.

I have very limited experience and only of "All The Aires" from when we toured France for just over a month in 2018. We bought the latest edition but it was already out of date as it came off the press and two of the half-dozen aires we selected in the first week were no longer. Thankfully, I had access to CamperContact and was able to formulate a hasty plan B on both occasions. We forgot about "All The Aires" from the end of the first week and used online resources exclusively from then on purely because the book was so unreliable. That said, we might just have been unlucky and YMMV...

• Thank You
Reactions: GMJ
I suspect that if you want a book as opposed to an app, then All the Aires is probably the best, but be prepared to come across lots of closed or moved aires and take their reviews with a pinch of salt!

• Thank You
Reactions: GMJ

Thanks
I have none of the books and use websites and apps, which can have the data updated in real time. As you're not interested in them, I won't bore you with which ones I use.

I plumped for the Camperstop 2022 book in the end and bought one yesterday on line for just over £20.

Thanks all for your input.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back