Amazing discovery!

saxonborg

If you don’t like using chemicals to clean the green algae from the roof of your motorhome then you could use the following:- if you have a steam wallpaper remover with an end which is just a a jet then the steam jet in conjunction with an aluminised pan scrub is perfect for removing the algae. You need a wet cloth to use immediately to wipe up the green water and detritus.
It worked for me.

If you don’t like using chemicals to clean the green algae from the roof of your motorhome then you could use the following:- if you have a steam wallpaper remover with an end which is just a a jet then the steam jet in conjunction with an aluminised pan scrub is perfect for removing the algae. You need a wet cloth to use immediately to wipe up the green water and detritus.
It worked for me.
Cheers that sound good, best to wear a thick clove or you could end up with a cooked hand. :eek:

The trick of course is not to let it get that bad in the first place. Now its clean it needs a good coat of wax.

I use ‘WetNforget’ on the roof, works a dream as all you do is spray on and forget it. Takes a while to do its thing but stays clean all year. Also use it on patio and windows at home.

I use ‘WetNforget’ on the roof, works a dream as all you do is spray on and forget it. Takes a while to do its thing but stays clean all year. Also use it on patio and windows at home.
I read somewhere it was not recommended for motorhomes so I don’t use it.

I read somewhere it was not recommended for motorhomes so I don’t use it.
Reading "somewhere" can be dangerous. It is recommended for caravans, and as the construction materials are the same, it is OK for motorhomes too. I was concerned that the container didn't mention motorhomes, so I phoned them. It is perfectly ok.

Reading "somewhere" can be dangerous. It is recommended for caravans, and as the construction materials are the same, it is OK for motorhomes too. I was concerned that the container didn't mention motorhomes, so I phoned them. It is perfectly ok.
Reading somewhere includes the loo, which can be positively lethal around 8am ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Did you know if it had any effect on the graphics?

Bought a telescopic ladder 3.2mts which has been an excellent aid to cleaning the roof.
We bought the Henchman Tripod Ladder with Safety Platform, that works by leaning your hips in towards the safety barrier; this leaves both hands free to operate a Leifheitt Extending Window Cleaning Pole with microfibre cloth/squeegee, enabling me to reach across the roof (main road on street parking) safely

Steve

Back