Amazon Black Friday week - the best prices?

GMJ

I am after getting Mrs GMJ an Xmas pressie off Amazon. I seldom use them as I find Ebay cheaper but not in this case.

They have an item reduced from 300 to 200 quid and apparently we are currently in "Black Friday Week" (although they state it runs from 20th-30th November!).

My question is: in your experience do they further discount on Black Friday itself, or is that it...the discounts now in place are the best they do?

I'm a bit worried that the product will run out if I wait until Friday.

ta muchly

I think they tend to add extra items on the Friday rather than further discounts, I suspect you would only get any extra discount if it is not a popular line and they haven't sold many. The advice in one of the daily papers last week was if you see a good deal get it in case supplies run out. Ask yourself whether they are likely to heavily discount again when its already £100 off?

Fair point

I'm leaning that way tbh

I think there are deals to be had for sure but one point to note ....

When they show the Current Price, and the saving from the old/original price, that old price is usually not the price it was sold at prior to the Black Friday sale - so that £200 Black Friday deal, reduced from £300 may actually have been say £220 before Black Friday and there was a £80 saving normally.
I have also bought stuff in Black Friday/lightning deals on Amazon and seen those items sold for less on Amazon at a later date. (but not during the 'official' sale period)

I got 15% extra off on two purchases from places other than Amazon this year ...15% from Milletts, and an extra 5% from Hughes electrics....Plus the items were initially the same price as Amazon. I do use Amazon a fair bit, but always check around first.

The answer to your question. There is an Amazon price tracker so you can see when an item has been at it's cheapest. Copy and paste the URL from the Amazon page into this website: Amazon Price Tracker

If you want to compare prices for a particular item across the internet then here is a couple of options:

Pricerunner

Kelkoo

I just bought the item as I'm happy with the price. It's the best I can find on t'internet.

If it drops excessively on Friday I can always return the original and re-buy it at the lower price.

Thanks all

I just bought the item as I'm happy with the price. It's the best I can find on t'internet.

If it drops excessively on Friday I can always return the original and re-buy it at the lower price.

Thanks all
good stuff. I did that with a Power Screwdriver last Black Friday. worth paying the £4 shipping to save an extra £13 or so, and also did same with a Mini-PC recently.
Doesn't matter if used as you just return the brand new one that is sent instead of the original.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back