An apology ...

QFour

We are making our way slowly up France and stopped at a really nice Aire near the Mayor’s place. We have been before and the power point on the wall has always been in use. This time however it was not. There was a Uk MH parked next to it and I did say hi to the guy who was standing next to it but by the time he realised what it was the plug was in and I was walking away with the lead to plug into our MH. He did ask if I had a double adaptor but it’s not something we carry. We had a really nice night with the heating on full and all the lights on. Got everything charged up ready for the next day.

Froodie : I think its safer to plug van in first then wall socket !

Tezza33 : that mains coupler appears to be a good idea
Just looked at the link and it suggests its only 2 pin so i my question is there also and earth connection ?

Kampa Mains Coupler With 2 Pin Socket

We are making our way slowly up France and stopped at a really nice Aire near the Mayor’s place. We have been before and the power point on the wall has always been in use. This time however it was not. There was a Uk MH parked next to it and I did say hi to the guy who was standing next to it but by the time he realised what itYou may e was the plug was in and I was walking away with the lead to plug into our MH. He did ask if I had a double adaptor but it’s not something we carry. We had a really nice night with the heating on full and all the lights on. Got everything charged up ready for the next day.

Could you not have asked if he intended to plug in before you jumped in front of him, you were out of order and took advantage. At least you could have offered to share and have had a few hours each particularly since he asked if you had a splitter. I doubt your fellow campers impressed with your jumping in front of him, frankly neither am I.[/QUOTE]

Froodie : I think its safer to plug van in first then wall socket !

Tezza33 : that mains coupler appears to be a good idea
Just looked at the link and it suggests its only 2 pin so i my question is there also and earth connection ?

Kampa Mains Coupler With 2 Pin Socket
I posted that stock picture to show what it is like, the one I have has a 16 AMP 240V Blue Socket IP44, I am away without the van and on a tablet so I couldn't find a link to it, I will post as soon as I find a link

Could you not have asked if he intended to plug in before you jumped in front of him, you were out of order and took advantage. At least you could have offered to share and have had a few hours each particularly since he asked if you had a splitter. I doubt your fellow campers impressed with your jumping in front of him, frankly neither am I.
Actually, it didn’t happen quite like you suggest. The guy had his dog on the lead and was just off for a walk. He hadn’t made any attempt to use the socket, so no jumping in front occurred. Anyway, I hope you’re happy up there on the high moral ground! 🙄

Mrs Froodie x

Actually, it didn’t happen quite like you suggest. The guy had his dog on the lead and was just off for a walk. He hadn’t made any attempt to use the socket, so no jumping in front occurred. Anyway, I hope you’re happy up there on the high moral ground! 🙄

Mrs Froodie x
This is what you said: "There was a Uk MH parked next to [the power point] and I did say hi to the guy who was standing next to it but by the time he realised what it was the plug was in and I was walking away with the lead to plug into our MH" You said he then asked if you had a double adaptor. Sounds like he might have wanted to use it - from your description of the events.

From the "high moral ground" I think some would have asked if he intended to use it.

Mrs Froodie x
Had you given that story in the first place perhaps you may have given a more accurate account and not attracted negative replies which were, in the scenario you first gave justified in my view. I didn’t suggest anything at all and was responding to what you first said. You made no mention of a dog being on a lead or whether it had been taken for a walk and returned, or was about to be taken for a walk. Either way you did clearly indicate your satisfaction at getting plugged in before the other chap so I am quite content my comment was justified whether from high ground or not. Particularly as your thread was entitled “An apology.” Perhaps you realised an apology was required, otherwise why post anything unless it was to gloat which it appeared was the case

always seem to be plenty of kook ups available when one has to pay for it ? why are folks so obsessed with electricity any way , what is wrong with gas heating or diesel and 12 volt ?
Kook ups. Is that another way of saying c😵ck ups, or merely a typo for hook up. Plenty of typos from some members🤪

When did that happen. I missed that instruction 🥺
Or did you mean talking about toilets ‘n things. Please don’t spend worrying about that. In my experience people on here have not only said it, but done it as well.💩

I carry one of these just in case we are presented with a scenario like the OP.

Not too expensive to buy from memory so well worth tucking away in a locker until needed.

Graham
smile.gif

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back