An apology ...

Froodie : I think its safer to plug van in first then wall socket !

Tezza33 : that mains coupler appears to be a good idea
Just looked at the link and it suggests its only 2 pin so i my question is there also and earth connection ?

Kampa Mains Coupler With 2 Pin Socket

I posted that stock picture to show what it is like, the one I have has a 16 AMP 240V Blue Socket IP44, I am away without the van and on a tablet so I couldn't find a link to it, I will post as soon as I find a link
I have arrived home and checked mine, it is a 2 pin socket but it has an earth connection, it is a Shuko socket so exactly the same as the one in my link, (it is a long time since I used it and had forgotten :unsure:), I carry a lead with a 13A english socket on one end and a shuko plug on the other so that if I am on EHU I have power to the awning, a continental adapter will give an output to share the EHU, the first pic shows the type of socket, the second shows the difference between a shuko plug and a french plug
Schuko_large.pngShuko plug.jpgcontinental-mains-hook-up-adaptor-2-pin~2.jpg

So, you used the freely provided hook up and abused it by having your ( electric) heating on all night and all your lights on.
No wonder a lot of aires are changing to 5 amps or less.

We are making our way slowly up France and stopped at a really nice Aire near the Mayor’s place. We have been before and the power point on the wall has always been in use. This time however it was not. There was a Uk MH parked next to it and I did say hi to the guy who was standing next to it but by the time he realised what it was the plug was in and I was walking away with the lead to plug into our MH. He did ask if I had a double adaptor but it’s not something we carry. We had a really nice night with the heating on full and all the lights on. Got everything charged up ready for the next day.
Hi, following a pitch in Italy last year where several vans were connected to one outlet, mine included, I bought a multi socket at the next opportunity just in case!

Once you start splitting the hook up power it is hardly worth the bother as the Amps are halved and more if other do the same ?rarely use them myself .

I carry a 13A plug to 16A socket so I can connect to domestic supply.
My van has 13A socket on outside to provide power into awning area.
So in the original instance I could have provided a piggy back supply.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back