Analysis Paralysis!

linkshouse

Oh dear, I'm in a tizz!

I've been looking at the Wild Camping POI's on the sister forum, the Cs's and CL's (member of both organisations) and 'touring' Google Earth.

All with the intention of planning this year's various trips.

Now I have a list of hundreds (well lots anyway) of locations, so many that I can't decide what to do for the best! :eek:

I suppose there are worse problems to be had :)

This raises an interesting point....

Do you check what places are there to stay to help you plan your trip? Or do you decide where you want to go and then see what places to stay are around?

I sort of work on the assumption that there will be always be somewhere to stop over where I am going.
As well as having the WC POIs and being a member of the CCC, I also joined Camping Card ASCI and Brit Stops and with that wide selection reckon there should always be something pretty close to where I want to be?

This raises an interesting point....

Do you check what places are there to stay to help you plan your trip? Or do you decide where you want to go and then see what places to stay are around?

I sort of work on the assumption that there will be always be somewhere to stop over where I am going.
As well as having the WC POIs and being a member of the CCC, I also joined Camping Card ASCI and Brit Stops and with that wide selection reckon there should always be something pretty close to where I want to be?

I suspect the best approach would be to just head out in some or other desired direction and then look for somewhere nearby at the appropriate time in the day. As you say with the options of Wild Camping POIs, and CS/CLs there is bound to be something nearby.

I think my past in project management/planning has left me too imbued with a desire for detail.

My piece of string works ok. Work out how many miles you want to - general direction - measure piece of string from map dimensions. Each night look at choices for tomorrow. Simple

Oh dear, I'm in a tizz!

I've been looking at the Wild Camping POI's on the sister forum, the Cs's and CL's (member of both organisations) and 'touring' Google Earth.

All with the intention of planning this year's various trips.

Now I have a list of hundreds (well lots anyway) of locations, so many that I can't decide what to do for the best! :eek:

I suppose there are worse problems to be had :)
I’ve always used a George Harrison tune as my guide. “Any Road” Lyrics include ,” If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will take you there”.
So, close the front door, check you’ve locked it. Start the engine, engage a ( forward) gear, and GO! Enjoy ?

I do very little planning and will often turn down a road just to see where it goes,I'm constantly lost and end up finding places I would never have known existed otherwise. I just have a general direction or destination in mind and as long as I'm approximately heading that way then that's all that matters,how long it takes isn't so much of a concern.

I’ve always used a George Harrison tune as my guide. “Any Road” Lyrics include ,” If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will take you there”.
So, close the front door, check you’ve locked it. Start the engine, engage a ( forward) gear, and GO! Enjoy ?

This is from the bloke who spent hours consulting maps, writing out route cards, and even posting a thread called , The Long Road South. I’ll not do that again. Well not until the next time.
What I’ve suggested is, Do as I say, not what I do. ?

This is from the bloke who spent hours consulting maps, writing out route cards, and even posting a thread called , The Long Road South. I’ll not do that again. Well not until the next time.
What I’ve suggested is, Do as I say, not what I do. ?
I thought exactly the same when I saw your post.

:) :) :)

It's great to see you enjoying yourself so much.

I do very little planning and will often turn down a road just to see where it goes,I'm constantly lost and end up finding places I would never have known existed otherwise. I just have a general direction or destination in mind and as long as I'm approximately heading that way then that's all that matters,how long it takes isn't so much of a concern.
Yup, you've just described me there. I am never lost, its just that when I get there i can't quite remember if it's the place I originally had in mind. ???

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back