Angles Morts Stickers.

runnach

Removed stickers from MH, fair amount of adhesive residue still fixed to MH, what is best product to remove remainder of residue?

Cheers in advance 🍻

Removed stickers from MH, fair amount of adhesive residue still fixed to MH, what is best product to remove remainder of residue?

Cheers in advance 🍻
Screenwash rubbed on neat with a tissue removes the adhesive for the Headlamp Beam Benders; don't know if it would work with Angles Morts though. Wash off with clear water just to be on the safe side?

Steve

Cheers in advance 🍻
Let it warm up in the sun if possible (or gently warm with a hair drier on low heat setting) then place a piece of tape over it and peel it straight off. The tape should pick off the softened adhesive after several goes at it and several fresh pieces of tape.

My last resort for residue is meths on a cloth ........try a test first though and wash off and repolish

I have removed the residue successfully on 2 sets of stickers (21 & 22) using WD40 on my aluminium sided Hymer (grp rear panel).
They were put on around April each year for the early season trip of 5 to 6 weeks, and removed in mid Oct after the autumn trip of 5ish weeks.
No issues, but do watch the outer edges after removal, peel slowly and steadily for best result, however you may find the outer edges have ‘lifted’ slightly over the season. The current rear sticker on mine is lifting slightly. I certainly end up with a grimey border with suggests dust and grit might be lodged in it, so use care at the edges.

Davy

MH washed top to bottom, PITA of a job, three month + of bug splat removed, not all though. While power washing the lower skirt, red dust from Lac Salagou was noticeable while using karcher. Not removed residue, tomorrow will do, I'm heading for the hot tub!!

hi. my stays in the glove box & if stopped blame it on the wife but have been really close-up to gendarme's going through m/way tolls .but our swift is a low-line so doesn't look over 3'500kg & we tour 3 months at a time but there is always the first . cheyenne

How do you remove cyclists who can't read?
Use the billions spent on roads which only increase traffic and pollution on safe cycling and walking routes so that walkers, cyclists, wheelers, people with prams, slow old ladies and men, people with zimmers can get about safely. And make sure everyone uses the Dutch Reach before opening a door, and stop drivers parking on pavements, and speeding .....I could go on....

I spent at least two hours removing residue glue from offside on MH. I tried nail varnish remover, WD40, heat from a heat gun, then my Halfords trade card, all bloody hard work. I ended up buying a tin of brake cleaner, which worked best, but the residue was stubborn to get rid off. Tomorrows task is the near side.

A word of warning to anyone fixing these stupid Angles Morts stickers to MH, do not remove all the backing, a 25mm section all round should be suffice. Or keep them in glove compartment as has been mentioned in this thread.

My fingers have muscles after today's workout!!

Bought them but never put them on for our France trip last year because I was worried about exactly your problem, Terry - temoving the mess left after taking them off. We spent nearly 2 months travelling around, even chatting several times to French police about whether it was ok to park up where we happened to be. Nobody ever asked about the stickers and I saw plenty of much bigger vans (many of them French) without any stickers. I know we should put them on and if asked to I would have stuck them on. Problem with the A class, as you know, is that the magnetic ones don’t work.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back