Angles Morts Stickers.

Not had a need for them but why remove them at all?

Not had a need for them but why remove them at all?
Because they are ugly and horrible stickers that detract the look of any MH.

Tried to upload a pic, wouldn’t work, Google and see that they look like. Fine for HGV’s, not so for private MH,s. For example, while parked on the aire at Bozouls, a Morrello Grand Palace parked up, no stickers applied, and I can see the owners point, as his lovely 200k + bus, would look aweful.

So removing Angles Morts signs is a vanity project then? It is because they don't look nice on the van?

Just a suggestion, not sure how easy it would be, Locate the sites on the van where they have to go, take of the interior trim and fix a metal plate to the inside of the bodywork. Then magnetic ones can be used.

Because they are ugly and horrible stickers that detract the look of any MH.

Tried to upload a pic, wouldn’t work, Google and see that they look like. Fine for HGV’s, not so for private MH,s. For example, while parked on the aire at Bozouls, a Morrello Grand Palace parked up, no stickers applied, and I can see the owners point, as his lovely 200k + bus, would look aweful.
HMM, well Fugly.

Screenshot_20230627-104507_Google.jpg

I stuck mine on thin magnetic sheet for the cab doors and on thin ali sheet with 4 suction cups for the rear one. They sit in a cupboard inside ... .. my Benimar is low profile and doesn't look 3850kg. Angles Morts stickers are absolutely hideous!

It'd not bother me too much but not the prettiest decal out there, a maller version would be nicer in keeping with vehicle sizes or teach the ignorant feckers how to ride.

So removing Angles Morts signs is a vanity project then? It is because they don't look nice on the van?

Just a suggestion, not sure how easy it would be, Locate the sites on the van where they have to go, take of the interior trim and fix a metal plate to the inside of the bodywork. Then magnetic ones can be used.
Yep, vanity project, and they certainly do not look nice on our MH, hence their removal.

Metal plate idea would not work, too much hassle removing storage units on the off and nearside, also, thickness of insulation would not allow or greatly reduce magnetic field to hold sign in place.

PS, I only have one door, which is the Hab door.

I would leave them on, even the most ignorant spoonfed in the UK might benefit from the info, the fact they are in a foreign language might even encourage use of an extra brain cell assuming they have any spare!

But if a vanity exercise then CT1 solvent is absolutely fantastic for a multitude of porpoises it’s my favourite thing in a can at the moment!

Terry, I think you've answered the problem with the Morello grand Palace example. If our van was over 3.5t I would carry them inside on a just in case basis. We've toured France at least once a year for over 30 years and have passed countless roadside Gendarmerie checkpoints, never been given so much as a sideways glance. The only time we have been pulled over was when Val was speeding!!!!!!!!! Obviously someone will now chime in to say they have been stopped but personally I'd risk it given the hassle of removing them ....

Terry, I think you've answered the problem with the Morello grand Palace example. If our van was over 3.5t I would carry them inside on a just in case basis. We've toured France at least once a year for over 30 years and have passed countless roadside Gendarmerie checkpoints, never been given so much as a sideways glance. The only time we have been pulled over was when Val was speeding!!!!!!!!! Obviously someone will now chime in to say they have been stopped but personally I'd risk it given the hassle of removing them ....
Dave, next set will remain inside MH, just in case!

Women and speed, hope it ended with an earful from the Gendarme.

If I could afford to invest in them I'd get some printed up on that flimsy plastic stuff that we held tax discs on with, you just wet or spit on them and they stayed put.

Someone on another forum said that they put a very thin veneer of petroleum jelly on the side of the MH before sticking the Angles Morts sticker on so that when they took it off, there was no self adhesive goo and just a quick wipe got the residue of the PJ off.

Might be worth a go.

I leave the rear one on all the time on mine and use the magnetic ones at the front. I'm not sure it detracts from the look of the MH tbh but each to their own I guess.

I didn't know they had to be on the front too.

3M do a really good adhesive remover.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back