Antenna power supply

Jescreet

How do I set up the 5v antenna power supply direct from the tv, in the setup. The tv is an Avtex W215TS I have searched numerous times, but can’t find where the antenna voltage can be switched on or off. I emailed customer support at Avtex but never got a reply. I am having to use an external power supply for the avtex antenna at present, but would like to get rid of additional wires and use the tv as the source of power for the antenna. I am assuming this tv does have the 5v supply in its software. hoping someone out there can help. Regards John

Not ha Avtex but I think on my Cello there was a setting something like Active antenna? I can check as now use a domestic Sharp after cracking the screen on the Cello.

Thank you for that, yes I have seen that option on my other portable tv, but just cannot find it on the newer Avtex tv

Got to be somewhere in the settings / sub menu.
My Avtex, previous model to yours approx 3 years old has it in the settings. It took me an age to find it. You will just have to go through all the menus until you come across it.

Got to be somewhere in the settings / sub menu.
My Avtex, previous model to yours approx 3 years old has it in the settings. It took me an age to find it. You will just have to go through all the menus until you come across it.
Hiya, thought I had been through everything, but no harm in trying again, I’ve got all afternoon. Many thanks. John

Hiya, thought I had been through everything, but no harm in trying again, I’ve got all afternoon. Many thanks. John
On out Avtex:-
TV Setup (on remote) > Scroll down to DTV Setup > Antenna Power

Hi, thanks for the reply, no tv setup button on remote, only a settings button, I’ve tried that and selected DTV antenna mode, but no option to turn on or off a 5v supply to antenna, so I am stuck with a manual supply from a separate 12v socket into the antenna ☹️. I’ve spent hours trying to find somewhere in the software where I can switch the 5v output on. Many thanks. John

Hi, thanks for the reply, no tv setup button on remote, only a settings button, I’ve tried that and selected DTV antenna mode, but no option to turn on or off a 5v supply to antenna, so I am stuck with a manual supply from a separate 12v socket into the antenna ☹️. I’ve spent hours trying to find somewhere in the software where I can switch the 5v output on. Many thanks. John

Avtex are in South Wales (IRC), give them a ring for the definitive answer.
I got help from them recently with firmware updates etc.

Good idea, I did try sending their customer services an email, but never got a reply, I will try and phone them tomorrow, many thanks. John

Good idea, I did try sending their customer services an email, but never got a reply, I will try and phone them tomorrow, many thanks. John

They didn't reply to my contact form submission, apparently "that person was off yesterday", not sure what he was doing the days before!

The old fashioned phone call often works best.

Avtex are in South Wales (IRC), give them a ring for the definitive answer.
I got help from them recently with firmware updates etc.
Just to let you know, I phoned Avtex regarding 5v antenna supply, and the answer was, it doesn’t have one ! They have received numerous calls, and don’t know why it was not wired into the set. So will just have to power the antenna separately or do a mod to the tv and add a 5v supply. Cheers john

Just to let you know, I phoned Avtex regarding 5v antenna supply, and the answer was, it doesn’t have one ! They have received numerous calls, and don’t know why it was not wired into the set. So will just have to power the antenna separately or do a mod to the tv and add a 5v supply. Cheers john
Thanks for update, hopefully it will help others in the future.

That's a bit of an oversight on there part I think.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back