Anyone got posh nuts?

MarkJ

Free Member

Anyone got posh nuts?

My wife tells me I’m OCD and I’m sure she’s right. She’s right about most things, I find.

I’ve just spent an hour cleaning the lovely black alloys on my Ducato-based Dethleffs. They now look stunning again.

Apart from the wheel nuts.

The FIAT wheel nuts look like they’ve come off a 1977 Austin Allegro and spoil an otherwise splendid effect.

Anybody else (a) mad enough like me to care? (b) got posher wheel nuts?

Sorry, but I had to ask....

MarkJ;n32620 said:
My wife tells me I’m OCD and I’m sure she’s right. She’s right about most things, I find.

I’ve just spent an hour cleaning the lovely black alloys on my Ducato-based Dethleffs. They now look stunning again.

The FIAT wheel nuts look like they’ve come off a 1977 Austin Allegro and spoil an otherwise splendid effect.

I took mine off the last Fiat and treated them for rust , then sprayed them as yes they looked cheap and nasty but it is basically a F,ing old Fiat !
This one we have now will need doing sometime.

MarkJ;n32631 said:
they look nice...

I had to repair and respray the front bumper after hitting a Wild Boar in France so I thought spray the wheels to match, I have done the rear bumper but need to do the side skirts as soon as the weather is Ok

MarkJ;n32620 said:

I bought some wheel nut covers off Ebay/Amazon: chrome coloured pvc jobbies (other colours are available). Cheap as chips; easy to put on and they stay on too!

Prices start from around a couple of quid if you want to wait a month to get them from China....

Graham
smile.gif

You can get a set of plastic covers off Ebay for around £3 ,you get a little tool to pull them off with too

Anyone got posh nuts?

You can get covers to go over the bolts check on the Iternet.

similar but different - Transit wheels - anyone got a better looking wheel trim than the "bowler hat" type ( I hate them ) to fit a mk 7 transit 16" wheel ?

I bought some wheel nut covers off Ebay/Amazon: chrome coloured pvc jobbies (other colours are available). Cheap as chips; easy to put on and they stay on too!

Prices start from around a couple of quid if you want to wait a month to get them from China....

Graham
smile.gif
Yes I did the same

I'd get covers (little point in tarting up the originals as a spanner will just mess them again :( )

I think @Philip Tomlinson told me he got some from Amazon, do you have a link Phil?

I may have dreamt the conversation with him. My dreams are very odd.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back