Are caravans a no no??

marymary

Probably a daft question as the forum is motorhomer in name, but are caravans a no no?? I belong to another group which started as a group for the one make of campervan but over time became known as …….and friends. I’m swopping to a tiddly caravan for a change but would love to be able to still go on some meets etc. Obviously I appreciate they may not be able to be accomodated in pub car parks etc if we were meeting there, but there are lots of times eg Hereford, Kelso, racecourse meets etc where they would be fine…is that an option at all?? 🙏

I'm a bit of a loner when away in the van and don't do meets, but it wouldn't bother me at all.

Apart from the fact you'd be taking up a little more space than a motorhome if you pulled a caravan with a car, although some motorhomes can be LARGE. I don't see an issue with you going on a meet that is held at a pub car-park?

Ok, you can't do the now accepted overnight 'pub stop' (with free stop if you have a meal type), but if the group have organised a full on meet then you should be ok??

Just to expand on this…
If we have a rally that has limited space and we have a waiting list it would not be fair for a car caravan combo to take an extra pitch. In this instance the tow car would have to parked somewhere else on the site.

It is important to let the rally organiser know you want to attend in a caravan so they can plan ahead.

My mate Justin comes with his caravan,and he’s got a hi-lux to tow us out
It’ll be a nuisance when he gets a motorhome

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back